Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjw06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2015, 06:06 AM
    Is this Facebook disclosure statement fake?
    I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute or take any other action against me based on this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308-11 308-103 and Rome statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. Is this fake?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2015, 06:47 AM
    Yes. This is a very populat hoax right now.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2015, 07:02 AM
    snopes.com: Facebook Privacy Notice

Sorry, you cannot get out of contracts that easily.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2015, 07:07 AM
    Another source.

Facebook Copyright Hoax: Don't Copy and Paste that 'Copyright' Facebook Message - ABC News
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 5, 2015, 07:22 AM
    Of course, as it's a private company, you can always delete your account ;)
    The mere fact that you are using this service grants FB access to the information you choose to share.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2015, 04:18 AM
    That last sentence about Facebook is now a public entity is a new one on me. The rest of the hoax has been going around for years.
    THINK about it - how could Facebook possibly be a public entity?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2015, 04:42 AM
    THINK about it - how could Facebook possibly be a public entity?
    It is :
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/fb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt Disclosure Statement [ 1 Answers ]

I am on a roll lol - Ok - I am working on my validation letter to the scum sucking attorney who filed the summons, and I am including the Debt Collector Disclosure Statement. Paragraph 1 of the Petition said I could request validation within 30 days. Is the scum attorney required to answer...

Disclosure statement? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are having house built from the ground up and had to sign a disclosure statement and in that statement it stated that the front yard landscaping and wing fencing came with the house. We went to the design studio yesterday and they said that we had to pay $3400 for the front yard...

Inaccuracy in Seller Disclosure Statement [ 1 Answers ]

I reside in Idaho and am about to purchase my first home. I submitted a purchase offer on a home that was countered, then I accepted the counter offer. The Seller Disclosure statement clearly said the home was not in a Flood Plain, but I clearly found on the FEMA site that it is in fact located...

Disclosure statement [ 1 Answers ]

How long can a seller be liable for misrepresenting on the disclosure statement. I've purchased a house in Texas about two years ago and I believe the seller lied about a few things.

Home disclosure statement [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a home 7 years & I have now found out that the owner at that time did not disclose that he had foundation work done on the home, I now have 5000.00 worth of foundation work to be done possibly due to the previous owner not doning a complete job when he had ram jack out to do some repair...

View more questions Search