Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovelylady21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2015, 07:05 PM
    Don't know if I'm pregnant!!
    Hi. My period is late. I had sex on Christmas. It was a week before my period was due and it hasn't came on yet. I was told that you can't get pregnant a week before your period. Me and the guy used a condom but the condom slipped off inside me. Lol. Kind of embarrassing. Is it possible that I could be?? I am 20 years old and a little worried.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 4, 2015, 07:27 PM
    Any time you have sex, pregnancy is possible. Unless you know when you ovulate (not by using a phone app, but by checking basal temperature for at least a year to track ovulation), it's possible to ovulate any time. Many women have gotten pregnant while on their period. It all depends on when you ovulate.

In other words, it's very possible that you're pregnant, even if the condom didn't slip off, it's still possible. No form of birth control is 100% effective, there are many women that use 3 or more forms and still become pregnant, some more than once.

When was your period due? Wait until it's around a week late, then try a pregnancy test using first morning urine. If that test is negative you can try another in a week if you still haven't gotten your period. If that test is also negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it, test again or get a blood test done at your doctors office.
    Lovelylady21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2015, 08:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Any time you have sex, pregnancy is possible. Unless you know when you ovulate (not by using a phone app, but by checking basal temperature for at least a year to track ovulation), it's possible to ovulate any time. Many women have gotten pregnant while on their period. It all depends on when you ovulate.

In other words, it's very possible that you're pregnant, even if the condom didn't slip off, it's still possible. No form of birth control is 100% effective, there are many women that use 3 or more forms and still become pregnant, some more than once.

When was your period due? Wait until it's around a week late, then try a pregnancy test using first morning urine. If that test is negative you can try another in a week if you still haven't gotten your period. If that test is also negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it, test again or get a blood test done at your doctors office.
    My period was due 5days ago.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 4, 2015, 08:59 PM
    Then try a pregnancy test now. Make sure to use first morning urine. If that test is negative wait another week and test again. If that test is negative wait for your next period. If you miss it, test again or get a blood test done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know if I'm pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Im 23 no kids never been pregnant me and my boyfriend of 2 years have been trying to get pregnant. I had a period last month April 11, 2012 and it lasted about 3 days which is normal for me but now its almost the end of may and no period took 2 test both were negative. All I do is eat and sleep...

I don't know if I am pregnant I am 9 day late am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know if I am pregnant because I took a pregnancy test and it was -, I have not had my period for going to 10 day I have never been late am I pregnant?

I am 17 and I don't know if I am pregnant?don't know what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and I had sex with my boyfriend about two weeks ago and the condom fell off.. I have been having flu like symptoms such as my stomach hurting, headache, nausea, and also my areolas are darker then normal.. I don't know how to tell if I am pregnant or when to take a test.. I just...

I'm pregnant and I don't want it. What do I do? [ 33 Answers ]

I've already decided I want to terminate this pregnancy. I can't raise a child or birth a child. I can't remain pregnant. I know that sounds awful, and that's really not the type of person I am but I seriously CANT. What should I do? I have some birth control, but I don't want to OD on it. Should I...

I'm a pregnant and just don't know it [ 10 Answers ]

Hey you all I just might need you alls help on knowing if I'm pregnant its hard for me to know cause I haven't been through this experience before so if you all could help me and tell me some of the symptoms that I could look for thanks and I love you all much!! :confused:

View more questions Search