Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ratchet Spanner Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Jan 4, 2015, 12:18 PM
    Attaching to block wall
    Have to reattach a 2x12 outside trim board to block wall. Looks like original nails are pulling out. Do I use block anchors, tapcon screws? How do I cover the mounting hardware?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 4, 2015, 04:34 PM
    Tell us more about what you are doing, Unusual to see 2x material used as trim.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 4, 2015, 06:13 PM
    A 2x12 siunds more like a ledger board. Tell us more
    Ratchet Spanner Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Jan 8, 2015, 08:11 PM
    Yes it is a 2x12 board that goes around the house like a band and goes around the lower half of the front windows. Don't know if I should call it a fascia board, it is a real 2x12 board. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 8, 2015, 08:18 PM
    I would use exterior adhesive made for masonry block AND tapcons

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

attaching post to wall [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to build a covered patio but, need to attaché a wood post to an outside brick wall. Is this a good idea and how do I go about doing it?

Attaching wood wall to concrete wall [ 3 Answers ]

How do I pull in a wood wall to attach to a concrete wall

Attaching metal lath to concrete block [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the best type of fasteners to attach metal lath to exterior block wall. Spacing? In the joints? I will be applying cultured stone to it.. Thanks!

How do you install an iron lintel in a cinder block wall after cutting the wall open? [ 0 Answers ]

I plan on cutting & opening 7' tall x 8' wide in an existing cinder block wall 8"x8"x16" that was laid with a stack bond (joint on joint). How do I insert an iron lintel 1/2" thick x 4" wide x 8'6" length? The length of the lintel is planned to go beyond the width 3" on each side. Is that enough...

Pouring a concrete wall in front of a damaged cinder block wall [ 1 Answers ]

I need to repair a well house that has buckling cinder block walls. The well is below ground with a shed above it. The room is approximately 9' x 8' and 8' tall with cinder block walls and a concrete floor. The block did not have concrete poured in it when it was built, the blocks are beginning...

View more questions Search