Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rishi_bindra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2015, 11:17 AM
    US Tax refund without staying in
    Hi,

I am from India, and I have filed income tax in united states for 3-4 months this year while working in California. After that I returned to India, and started working here. I will be receiving my W-2 in sometime and would need to file tax refund in IRS. However now the problem is that I don't have any US bank account right now and moroever I also don't have a resident address to open a new account.

In such a scenario please help how can I claim and chash-in my tax refund check? Any help will be appreciated!!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 3, 2015, 12:40 PM
    You can file with your Indian address, but the Indian postal system is NOTORIOUS for losing refund checks.

Your best bet is to use a friend's U.S. address on the return, then have him courier the check to you.

I can help you with the filing process. Please email me at the email address in my profile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US-UK tax treaty - paying back refund when staying over 2 yrs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am a UK national working in the US on a J-1 visa. My institution witholds my taxes and I have to file for a refund, both this year and last I claimed the tax back citing article 20a and got a full refund. Originally I was going to stay for less than 2 years, however the option is now...

Staying beyond tax treaty [ 1 Answers ]

I am a J-1 research scholar. I haven't paid federal taxes by claiming US-France tax treaty for 2 years. Now, I am at the end of my first 2 years period and extended my J-1 status. In the future, by marriage, I will adjust my status. Some people say that I have to pay the federal taxes that I...

Social Security Tax / Medicare Tax refund when I left usa [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir or Madam, I came to US as a research scholar (J1 visa). I've worked under J1 status from 04/2006 to 04/2010, and paid Social Security and Medicare fee for 2 years. However, I am leaving US soon, and no longer work and retire in US. So my questions will be: 1. Am I eligible to claim...

OPT to H1B Tax filing-SS tax refund? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen. Arrived in US in Aug 2003, on OPT from Jan 2006 and on H1B from October 1st 2006. I started working in Feb 2006 in California. Throughout the year in 2006 Social security , medicare and disability taxes were deducted from my paycheck. Will I get a refund for these...

How does the US/India tax treaty affect the state tax refund? [ 3 Answers ]

The people who make International Student Taxes have put a special resource page for Indians. International Student Taxes | Resources | Students from India I am stuck on a point in this page. To quote: "2. If you took the standard deduction last year, do not put anything on Line 4 of...

View more questions Search