Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guerra13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2015, 07:35 PM
    Pregnancy possibility
    I had my last dose of the depo shot July 1st 2014. I was due for another shot September 29th. I wasn't able to get it so I haven't been on the shot or any birth control since and I been having sex but he would pull out so I wouldn't get pregnant, but New Years Eve night/early morning, we had sex and he came inside me on accident and ever since then I'm bleeding, but I haven't bled any time before when he pulled out. I know it's a weird question because it's barely the second of January, but could that mean I possibly got pregnant?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2015, 08:51 PM
    Yes. Anytime you have a completed act, or pull out for that matter and you are fertile you could get pregnant. Looks like the cart before the horse-No time to get a Depo shot in 3 months but continuing to have sex?

Jan 2, 2015, 10:03 PM
    What does "cart before the horse" mean?
    I couldn't get it because my doctor retired and didn't say anything.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2015, 04:52 AM
    The bleeding after sex isn't a sign of pregnancy, but just from having sex pregnancy will be a possibility, but it's far too early to know. Have you been having any periods since your last depo injection? If not, you won't be able to go with the lack of a period as a sign of possible pregnancy.

For now, start on some type of birth control before you engage in any more sex. Your partner, at the very least, should use a condom and use it correctly. That means no penetration unless a condom is on... not before, during, or after sex. This will at least lower the chance for an unplanned pregnancy, it won't totally eliminate a chance however... no birth control will.

Wait a few weeks and try a pregnancy test... making sure that you follow the directions carefully.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2015, 06:25 AM
    Any time there is penile insertion there is the chance of pregnancy. You can minimize the chance but not eliminate it. The pull out method is one of the least effective means of reducing the risk.

I'm surprised by your statement that your doctor retired and didn't let you know. Many doctors nowadays are part of groups, even if yours wasn't they have an obligation to their patients to refer their records to another physician. It also should not be that hard to find a new physician.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2015, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by guerra13 View Post
    What does "cart before the horse" mean?
    I couldn't get it because my doctor retired and didn't say anything.
    It means you are having sex with no protection and now are worried. You need to step up and make protection a priority of your own. Shouldn't need to have someone "remind you" that you're 3 month late for your Depo.

Jan 3, 2015, 07:40 PM
    I know I was late on my shot I had trouble switching primary care pasicians because of my medical group and my location.
    And no I haven't had any periods since my shot. Just whatever this is after having sex and having his stuff go inside
    I handed him a condom but I figured he put it on because he took it out the wrapper and j guess he didn't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy possibility [ 2 Answers ]

I was on BC for 1 month I stopped taking it bled for 3 days had unprotected sex the day it stopped I'm sure that he ejaculated in me now I'm having pms cramps like my period iws about to start but it never comes this has been happening for 6 days now what could this mean

Possibility of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been trying to make a baby , things are complicated && weird at the moment , my cycle is apperantly 42 , and we had unprotected sex on the 18 & the 19 that same month my period ended , and on the 20 it came again. And now I have been spotting since the first , I took two...

Possibility of pregnancy? [ 3 Answers ]

I had sex about 12 days ago.I was spotting brownish blood for 2 days (not even enough to fill up a liner).then this mornin I began to bleed heavier with crampin for a while.now my bleeding has dwindled down to light bleedin every now and then.we didn't use protection and I have been having...

Possibility of pregnancy? [ 12 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend were having outercourse and my hand might have gotten pre semen on them when I touched her. She complains about getting nauseated at times and has stomach pains in the morning. The events happened about 5 days ago. Can she be pregnant like that?

View more questions Search