Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BJSwan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2015, 07:01 AM
    Can you help me name this movie - it's either from the 80s or 90s - please help?!
    Can you help me find this movie ?
    It's about this young girl and at the start I thought she went and saw whoopi Goldberg as a squatter in some old abandoned house and some how (I forget) she ends up in a fantasy/different place on a quest and the character I thought whoopi was guides her there Or tells her she should go there or something and there is some sort of darkness and then she gets to a really weird town or city and all the houses are the same and all the people act the same and its very big brother and because she is different she gets taken to this building in the centre of the city and whoever is in control of the city tries to play some sort of mind games on her ( she is in some sort of like big room /prison area) and she has to overcome some fear to escape and then she like kills the guy or escapes and makes it back home but I can't find it anywhere and I looked Whoopi Goldberg up on IMBD and it's not in her filmology and I would really like to watch it again - possibly came out in the 80s or 90s! Help please
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 2, 2015, 07:22 AM
    Try A Wrinkle in Time: A Wrinkle in Time (TV Movie 2003) - IMDb

For some reason, I tend to think Mrs. Whatsit was played by Whoopie but it was actually Alfre Woodard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name this 80s/90s movie... [ 1 Answers ]

The movie starts with the criminal running away from the police and then jumping into the sea and the police thinking he is dead. Then a criminal is robbing a jewelry store and robs diamonds and gets away. The kids dad is a police officer and has all of the pictures of criminals, and the kid...

Unknown movie title- 80s/90s cartoon/animated movie about a dance? About 15 min long? [ 2 Answers ]

Gosh please help! I can't remember the title of it and my memory is hazy but it was like a really short cartoon movie, probably 15 minutes long and it was like a bunch of girls going to a dance. I think they were in a hurry like they were late. And there was something about a white convertible...

Movie title for old children's movie from late 80s or early 90s [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there: I've been searching for the title of a movie that I saw when I was a child. All I remember about it is that there are these little creatures, and if they entered through a mirror they would be brought to another world. In it there was this evil woman or queen who was trying to get to...

Please help with this I think 80s MAYBE 90s movie! PLEASE [ 5 Answers ]

AAHHHH for the past like 4 years or more I have been trying to figure out the title of this movie because I haven't seen it in forever and nobody else has ever heard of it... OK... its a fantasy kind of movie.. childrens I'm thinking... its not a cartoon either.. but its about 2 mouse-like...

View more questions Search