Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 7, 2015, 11:46 AM
    tickle, 32 years ago there were still (since the 60s) a lot of good ways to access care of all kinds, free or sliding scale. Much has changed. Lack of public funds, private donations, higher medical costs, higher liability costs and more problems, and fear at abortion clinics, with people blocking access, screaming, and some killing of doctors.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2015, 03:49 PM
    Blacks are also disproportionately represented when it comes to abortion but that doesn't seem to bother anyone either. By the way, that "disproportionate" stuff is one of those terms libs love, like blacks are disproportionately represented in prison, which is also typically a choice.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2015, 03:54 PM
    Yes it is always the case that it is the system and not the individual that is at fault, no one wants to talk about the lifestyle choices that lead to the problem, just that the government, society or that mythical someone is to blame. However speech as blacks are a declining statistic in the population eventually their proportion of the problem will decline particularly if they continue to abort babies
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 13, 2015, 04:02 PM
    Clete, you are in Australia. Are you not. Then aren't you at little out of line on the blacks in the US and abortion? If you had this opinion in Canada, then you would be way out of Wack !
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 13, 2015, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The numbers are in .
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/fil...EB_VERSION.pdf
    Planned Parenthood's infanticides totaled 327,653 babies in 2014. That's one every 90 seconds last year.

In doing so they were supported by $528.4 million from government grants and reimbursements;41% of the group's total revenues. Now Title X says that Federal Money cannot 'directly ' pay for abortions. However the Federal money does directly support the operations of PP ,of which abortions are a major part(95% of their 'services' for pregnant women) .
    What is your point ? As an individual posting here, what do u hope to accomplish? I had two abortions in my adult years, both my choice, carried out in a hospital environment and paid with socialized medicine. After that, I am a happy well adjusted female.

What?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2015, 04:42 PM
    Hi Tickle don't think that because we are remote that your statistics don't in someway reflect in our society, we have the same problem of disproportionate representation of blacks in statistics, we are not speaking of an African population but a coloured indigenous population with many of the same problems of disadvantage and who take leadership from offshore black populations. Abortion is a problem here just as are so many of the social issues, however we don't seem to have the same level of emotive issues surrounding these things, perhaps it is we have something better to do, or the living is easier because of our social programs which endeavour to lift people out of poverty

Also I see no harm in you gaining a different perspective

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy and parenthood [ 1 Answers ]

I had sex with a one man got pregnant and at 5 weeks had sex with another man anyway the baby comes with features of the second man. He is a different race.

Legal Advise on Parenthood [ 1 Answers ]

Good Afternoon, I am new here, so hope I am in the right topic. I am an South-African & am strongly considering leaving my boyfriend. My question: Does the law force me to tell him that I am pregnant? He is not physical abusive & has a daughter that he takes good enough care of. If I...

Planned Parenthood STD testing [ 1 Answers ]

I took J_9's advice (well actually by the time I posted that I had an appointment at the center, but anyway), and went to Planned Parenthood to get my weird skin irritation in my vagina looked at. They took a sample for chylmidia (sp? Sorry) and gonorrhea (I think I spelled that right) with a...

View more questions Search