Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Dec 30, 2014, 04:10 PM
    Finding free search sites
    It's getting harder and harder... I try to help people connect with old friends using
    Our quarterly newsletter classifieds also on a particular site that includes a
    Section missing persons.

Lately even the obits which hooked up with Ancestry is a pay site. I can still
    Find people via Zabasearch,pipl.com, public sites, spoke to, but then for more
    Information (address, phone number) you need to join up. Even switchboard
    (same as white pages... exact same site) isn't free. If you know of any sites
    That don't make you join to get this information I'd appreciate it if you would
    Share it. Thank you in advance.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 30, 2014, 04:57 PM
    I recall that you asked about this not long ago?

If people aren't out there, especially on Facebook, this seems to be a lot of wheel spinning. You need to respect that some people don't want to be found ESPECIALLY with address and/or phone! Goodness. I have a friend who was horrified to find that she was being 'suggested' to her patients, from cookies picked up from emails, I guess. I merely get annoyed when someone shows up on my Facebook page whom I don't know.

This seems archaic to me, and I'm 68. People find old friends on their own through countless internet means. Being an intermediary just adds to fears of those you contact.
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Dec 30, 2014, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I recall that you asked about this not long ago?

If people aren't out there, especially on Facebook, this seems to be a lot of wheel spinning. You need to respect that some people don't want to be found ESPECIALLY with address and/or phone! Goodness. I have a friend who was horrified to find that she was being 'suggested' to her patients, from cookies picked up from emails, I guess. I merely get annoyed when someone shows up on my Facebook page whom I don't know.

This seems archaic to me, and I'm 68. People find old friends on their own through countless internet means. Being an intermediary just adds to fears of those you contact.
    These are sites like the Queens board where people describe the class they were in and the student/friends they lost contact with over the years. It is also a
    Magazine where those who went to my school... you can't get email addresses
    Online but you can get addresses. I'm talking craigslist requests... I'm talking a small community where we all went to neighboring schools.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 31, 2014, 05:26 AM
    You can see over the years that it is getting more and more difficult, and that's for GOOD REASON.
    Feel free to keep trying, but I think it's time to accept that information of any kind about individuals is only going to go more in the direction of privacy.
    If there is even one degree of separation, and that is violated by one friend of mine on behalf of someone I don't want to be contacted by, never mind several degrees (friend of a friend, etc), then I might even sue the person or organization giving away my information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2014, 06:02 AM
    If you are doing a lot of searches for people, time to bite the bullet and pick the one you like best and buy a membership.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there such a thing as FREE people finder free search free results [ 4 Answers ]

Or free address, phone or email search

Finding the sites where ISA are downloaded [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly tell me any website address from where I may able to download complete Audit Standard...

Search CA LandLord Tenant Laws = Gov sites Blocked? [ 4 Answers ]

Search CA LL Laws I wasn't sure which category I should post this in? Here or computer something or other. Since I was working with this because of needs driven by CA Landlord/Tenant Law. I decided to post here. I was working on setting up a customized search engine for CA LL Law. It's a...

View more questions Search