Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmb123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Courthouse weddings
    We are getting married on November 3 at the court house by the Justice of the Peace. Both been married before don't want to spend money on wedding. How do you make this day special and something to remember? What do you wear? Not sure how to make plans. Someone please help.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 9, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Have a nice reception, and honeymoon. I don't know where you live but a honeymoon dosen't have to be expensive.
    Courthouse Wedding
    Receptions - The PASH Wedding Forums and Message Boards
    Wedding Reception Ideas. A Guide to Success by Jacaranda.
    Receptions » Cheap Wedding Ideas
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 02:24 PM
    You could always have either an engagement party or a reception type party.
    If you want - you can wear a nice dress and nice suit to the ceremony. Also, you can bring a bouquet and the groom wear a flower. Things that are still "traditional".
    Then go on a honeymoon.
    We have had friends that have gotten married on the beach and then came back and had a "wedding" party.
    You have a lot of options to make this a fun and special time.
    krittengirl Posts: 63, Reputation: 14

Apr 17, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Write your own vows
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I have known this couple - friends of mine - since grade school. They both were married before and for their marriage, they chose the Justice of the Peace/courthouse ceremony. Their theme, since we all graduated high school in 1970, was 70's. So that pretty much meant bringing out the beads and bellbottoms and all those groovy things that hopefuly we saved. Since my friend, Bob, was now nearly bald, he went and bought a long hair wig, complete with head band. The reception was in one of the parks. We had a lot of fun. They did write their vows also and one of our friends even sang "The Wedding Song"

You can be creative as you want, yet not make it overdone and drawn out. Whatever is special to you and your fiancé will be special to everyone there. Enjoy the day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Courthouse Wedding [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: My fiancé and I want to just have a courthouse wedding but we are having a hard time figuring out how to go about doing it! We live in Henry County Georgia and have no clue where to go to actually get married! Is a marriage license the same thing? We are lost! :( Please someone help! We...

Cruise weddings [ 5 Answers ]

My hunny and I are thinking about getting married while on a cruise. My family has never been anywhere outside the US aside from Canada, and my parents are getting up in years. I want them to experience the Caribbean and a cruise. The only way to get the family together on one is to plan something...

Two weddings on the same day [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been invited to two weddings for the same date and time. One is for our next door neighbor's daughter, who used to babysit for us. The other invitation is for our other next door neighbor's daughter, who went to school with our sons. The weddings are for the same day, one at...

Two weddings same day [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have two weddings on the same day. I have a friend from high school whom I see only when a very close mutual friend of both of ours comes in from California. I was married 5 years ago and I asked my friend who is getting married to sing in our wedding ceremony. My husband and I also...

Courthouse Wedding [ 1 Answers ]

How Does A Courthouse Service Go? What Do We Wear And Do We Need Rings?

View more questions Search