Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Redfrenia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2014, 05:33 PM
    York furnace two out of four burners fail to ignite
    Two of my York Furnace burners ignite and the two closest to flame sensor fail to ignite causing lock out after three tries.

I replaced flame sensor but burners closest to sensor don't ignite so must be another issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 05:57 PM
    Can you remove the tubes to clean them?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2014, 06:15 PM
    There are some kind of crossover tubes or slots between the burners. These tubes or slots are likely dirty. If your burners look something like jet aircraft (have wings), the edges of these wings are the crossovers. Remove the burners & clean out the slots in the wings with a blade type feeler gauge or thin putty knife, then blow them out with air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York diamond 80 burners ignite shut down 3 times give 7 blink code [ 1 Answers ]

unit ignites 3 times shuts off with 7 blinking led code. Fame sensor replaced less then 1 year ago. cleaned flame sensor unit with pencil eraser (doesn't damage like steel wool or sandpaper) runs fine for two three days then back to error. no blockages in intake air/ vent air. had service tech out...

Burners to gas furnace will not ignite [ 3 Answers ]

The burners to my Day & Night Gas furnace will not ignite. I hear a clicking noise and pilot turns on but the burners will not ignite. I can turn the thermostat to on and the blower works??

Furnace burners ignite but won't stay lit on my trane xe78 furnace? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE78 furnace and the flames come on for about 5-10 seconds and then shut off. They re-ignite about 10 seconds later, then shut off 5-10 seconds after the 2nd ignition. I believe they flame on one more time, shut off and then never re-ignite and the blower just runs and runs with...

York burners won't ignite mod P3HU 9 yrs. Old [ 3 Answers ]

When t-stat calls for heat the combustion blower starts, the glow plug glows but gas valve doesn't open and burn doesn't ignite. The combustion blower continues to run. Is this a problem with the pressure switch? Does it need to be replaced? :confused:

Furnace burners fail to start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE90 propane furnace. The ignitor glows but the gas does not get to the Ignitor without a little positive air movement toward the ignitor. Is this a gas pressure problem or is the gas orifice blocked? Or something else? If is is the orifice, is it removable and cleanable without...

View more questions Search