Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovergirl1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2014, 04:27 PM
    Non-alcoholic beer & EtG
    DR! If I drank one Non-Alcoholic beer on Saturday around 3:30-4 will I pass my ETG test today?
    The beer was an Odouls. It has 0.5% in it.

Saturday- Monday.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 04:28 PM
    No DR here but yes, you should pass.

Dec 29, 2014, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Even with an ETG?
    Entomology Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 04:50 PM
    You only had one, right? It is doubtful that such a minor amount of alcohol would show up 2 days later.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 05:11 PM
    I have to slightly disagree with odinn on this one. Non-alcoholic beer still has alcohol in it. ETG tests for any alcohol use, it can detect mouth wash with alcohol in it, hand sanitizer, cold medication. If it can detect that, it can certainly detect 0.5% of alcohol.

Having said that, no one can tell you with 100% accuracy if you'll pass or fail. I would say that you have a good chance of failing, but that doesn't mean you will, anymore than odinn saying that you'll likely pass means that you will. You'll just have to wait and see like everyone else.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 05:27 PM
    The question is not if its detected but the level it is detected at. What is the acceptable level of detection to pass your test?
    Entomology Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 06:00 PM
    If the question is true and they are not playing any games here, then a single "non-alcoholic" beer containing .5% alcohol will not be enough to show up in a test 2 days later.

Doesn't mean that they should continue to do this and hope to get away with it though.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 06:21 PM
    I have to disagree odinn, but neither one of us can be 100% certain.

We've all seen people that failed without even consuming alcohol. I personally have a friend that had to do an ETG for work and she failed. She doesn't drink at all. She does use mouthwash daily, and that's the best guess they had for why she failed as nothing else in her life explained the positive. She didn't even swallow the mouth wash, just swished and spit.

Alcohol consumption is alcohol consumption, and 0.5% is much more than what's in mouth wash.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 07:02 PM
    I am with Alty on this. The ETG is not like blowing at a traffic stop. If you blow below .08, in most places, you are not considered to be under the influence. ETG is pass fail not abpout how much.

Dec 29, 2014, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post

Yes only one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Non-alcoholic beer and EtG testing [ 1 Answers ]

I have found a non alcohol beer that says it has 0.0 alcohol content. Is that safe to drink when I have random urine testing? Will any EtG or est be detected if I have a test 24 hours after drinking it? Also, what about the more common "less than" 0.5 non alcoholic beers? I am a 40 year old in...

Non-Alcoholic Beer and EtG? [ 0 Answers ]

Is it OK to drink a non-alcoholic beer when on DUI diversion? Would this show up in a EtG?

EtG testing, non-alcoholic beer and creatine levels [ 17 Answers ]

I have been court ordered to participate in random EtG alcohol testing. During the times in which I was drinking alcohol, my EtG levels were consistently >10,000. I did not realize that "NA" beer might register a positive result on these tests until it happened to me! I have not had an alcoholic...

Non alcoholic beer EtG test [ 1 Answers ]

Can I test posative?

Non-alcoholic beer cause positive EtG test? [ 2 Answers ]

Can non-alcoholic beer give a positive EtG test?

View more questions Search