Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nel249 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2014, 08:36 PM
    how to fix a kitchen sink that randomly regurgitates water
    My kitchen sink randomly regurgitates water and small particles of food in both sinks to overflowing. I have tried using a plunger in both sinks. I took the under-the-counter plumbing apart and snaked down 25 feet without an obstruction, cleaning the pipes before re-attaching them. Now what can I do to fix this problem?
    MWRyland Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2014, 07:42 AM
    Is there a vent? If there is no vent the water will gurgle and take a while to drain. If you do not have a vent you can install a pop up vent under the sink. What the vent does is allows air to come behind the water to push the water down.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2014, 11:18 AM
    Hello nel249,

You have a blockage in the vent check your roof their should be a vent pipe sticking up for the kitchen and you snake it from there to clear the blockage, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The hose in my kitchen sink runs when I turn on the faucet. Is that an easy fix? [ 2 Answers ]

The hose in my kitchen sink suddenly leaks when I run the faucet. Any idea why & how I might fix it?

Kitchen sink and guest bathroom sink/shower get lukewarm water? [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink and guest bathroom sink/shower get lukewarm water. The main bathroom sink and shower gets hot. I have adjusted the heat on the water heater and that has made the working sink and shower get hotter, but not the others. The water heater is just on the other side of the working sink...

Basement sink backing up with food when kitchen sink drains a lot of water [ 15 Answers ]

Whenever a large volume of water goes down my kitchen sink drain, it causes a back up in my basement sink, with food particles coming up as well. The basement sink is located directly beneath my kitchen sink. Based on some advice posted in similar threads, I decided to the snake the line between my...

Kitchen Sink Drain - after water has been shut off in kitchen sink [ 0 Answers ]

After water has been shut off in kitchen sink, there is a continuous dripping for about two or three minutes in the drain pipes. It seems to happen only in the winter.

The hot water won't turn off at my kitchen sink how do I fix this? [ 0 Answers ]

Cold water works fine. It's just the hot water that won't turn off

View more questions Search