Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AprilLeeC13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2014, 10:31 AM
    Can I give my six year old an aspirin? Has very itchy cough, and very red cheeks?
    He's just got a pretty good fever and until I get to the store, I need him to take something. Got to get his temp down! :(
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2014, 10:40 AM
    How is he acting? Best to go by his behavior than by the fever itself, which is the body's way of fighting an infection. If he is generally doing okay, eating a little and drinking fluids, you may not necessarily need to fight the fever. What is his temp? Generally aspirin is not recommended for children... contact your doctor for a recommendation. Even though it is Sunday, they usually will have an answering service to page a doctor on call.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 28, 2014, 11:17 AM
    Are pharmacists in the States not allowed to recommend. In Ontario, our pharmacists are our last resource in a pinch and are allowed now to advise on issues like this. It goes along now with nurse practitioners pinch hitting for doctors and I find them quite good.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 04:53 AM
    General rule, children should not be given aspirin. Any aspirin web site, says not to give to Children
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2014, 05:38 PM
    Absolutely not. Children can get a life threatening Illness when given aspirin. You can give a child Tylenol though.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 06:05 PM
    Ibuprofen, acetaminophen, both okay for children. Get a children's medication for fever reduction. Aspirin is not recommended for children. I wouldn't risk giving a young child an aspirin.

If you cannot get to the store try a lukewarm bath, cold cloth on his head, light clothing or just his underwear so he stays cool.

What is his temperature?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blotchy red cheeks [ 2 Answers ]

My one-year-old has just started teething and has four teeth coming in her cheeks are blotchy and read tonight is this a side effect of teething

Red cheeks [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my cheeks less red from having sex?

Itchy lumps on neck forehead and cheeks [ 0 Answers ]

I have had this problem for about 6 - 7 years I am now 21 years old ,when it first started I thought I could just be part of being a teenager but there has been no change, I seem to get it when I'm stressed, I am currently working as a decorater so I am exposed to dust and paint quite often but I...

Red marks on both cheeks [ 3 Answers ]

I have red marks on both of my cheeks for the last one week, What could be the reason ?

Can I give my German Shepard an aspirin? [ 1 Answers ]

My German Sheppard has been sick for over a week, he was having diarrhea on and off, when I was going to take him to the Vet, my neighbor said that her 2 dogs and other dogs in our neighborhood were sick too. Today his head is warm and his nose is dry, any one knows if I can give my dog an...

View more questions Search