Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ThatWriterChick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2014, 03:27 PM
    Family Law Question
    This is a long story, but I'll try to make it as condensed as possible.

My daughter is now 17 today. When she was 12 she had been a 4.0 student, had $13,000 in college grants, and even a signed plaque from the President for her leadership activities. She befriended a troublemaker, and got into drugs, sex with men, stealing, etc, and her grades dropped to .7.
    She ran away countless times to be with men, and every time the cops would not bring her home, even when we were at said mans house and she was in the doorway!

She ran away jan of 2013, and I haven't seen or spoke to her since. She was placed on the NCIS database for missing and endangered children.

In August I received a summons from several states away. She had been in foster care for a year! And I was never notified! That state is now suing me for back and future child support!

What is my recourse? They will not allow her to come home, to me it feels like they just want money.

I'm so confused and frustrated...

Also, she had been doing the same to each foster home that she was doing in my care, stealing from work, sneaking men in, not doing chores-then defamating the characters of each home in order to be moved- she feels the world owes her and she does not have to follow rules or contribute.

Her team of counselors, police, and other support network has diagnosed her as a compulsive liar.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2014, 05:31 PM
    First, you need a lawyer. Second, you have to tell them the truth. There must be reasons she was not returned to you. Third, she could suffer from mental illness so don't be so harsh. Or there could be issues you haven't shared that occurred in your home. Her behaviors, for example, are common among girls who have been sexually abused.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 22, 2014, 06:34 PM
    If you have documentation of the events that have happened then you need to get them to the courts and explain the situation. If they failed to notify you of her whereabouts and now want child support from you then they should have to fight for it. You need to request their documentation also.

As far as the sleeping with men thing goes the police should have addressed it at the time they became aware of it. Your child is / was a minor at the time and may not have been of the age of consent. They should have arrested those men and also be investigating how she got to where she is now. Taking a minor across state lines violates human trafficing laws. There are major felonys involved in this case and it needs to be sorted out.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Mann+Act
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2014, 07:48 PM
    I will agree, at this point, you have to deal with the legal action, you hire an attorney to fight this, Also, at 17 the police will seldom bring the child home, As for as not removing her from men houses, that may be a lawsuit against the police departments, if you can prove they knew but failed to act. (depending on age of consent,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NEW YORK STATE Family Law question- Father willing to give up parental rights. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have read A lot of posts but have been unable to find anything similar to my situation. I live in NY State and I am well aware that laws vary by state. After four miserable years in and out of court in regards to my 5 year old daughter, her father has vocalized that he wishes...

Family law on common law relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question about common-law relationship. I have been in this relationship for 15 years and it looks like we are heading in the "splitsville"!! I would like to know what are my rights? i.e. will I be entitled to a spousal support and what about my son, he lived with us for 15 years? ...

Family Law Question in California [ 0 Answers ]

I am the Petitioner in what I thought was an uncontested divorce filed in November 2009. I moved out of the house on or around that same date. My ex and I are using the same attorney. I can tell that my ex is dragging her feet yet I have been assured by my ex and my attorney that all the...

India family law question [ 2 Answers ]

I AM RAMAN FROM india , 2003 married, 2008 my life partner is some one are join & enjoied his life, she's joint partner called & give the wrong relationship message.. In between time she deliver the male baby. Now 2010 is running still now she's character is no change. I confidentially told...

My son in law has abandoned his family, no food, money,etc. Can Ohio law do anything [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anything legally that can be done in the state of Ohio to a man arrested when he disappears leaves with no money, food, heat, car, etc. with wife and two young children.

View more questions Search