Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billychester83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2014, 10:41 AM
    Health problems
    I have recently been arrested for driving on a suspended license in Michigan. I have been a registered medical marijuana patient for 6 years now. Since then I have been using marijuana the entire 6 years I haven't had to use Vicodin for my pain and adderal for my anxiety. The judge ordered to take drug tests and ordered me not to use marijuana. Since I stopped using it I am having severe medical health problems now. I have gone to the doctor and he has given me a prescription for Vicodin and butalbital for these headaches I recently have required. Is there a law out there that can over turn her decision. I feel like I shouldn't have to take these medications when I can legally use my medical marijuana. There has to be a law out there so I don't have to have more health issues and get prescribed more pills for a medication that has cured it all.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 10:50 AM
    In which state do you live?
    billychester83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2014, 02:08 PM
    Michigan
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 21, 2014, 02:26 PM
    Are you current with required forms and any other requirements?

Michigan medical marijuana rule changes hit speed bump; Senate still mulling dispensaries, edibles | MLive.com
    Michigan Medical Marijuana Association

(I can't believe you drove on a suspended license and didn't know or care what would happen! A court could argue that you are too spaced out to be driving, period, whether from pain or being stoned, since you not only got your license suspended, but then got CAUGHT driving while suspended. Apparently taking away your license means nothing to you.)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by billychester83 View Post
    Michigan
    Sorry to have asked something that you had mentioned in your first sentence. Was the judge told why you were using medical marijuana? If so, he still disallowed its use?
    current pert

Dec 21, 2014, 02:38 PM
    MI: Court holds Prosecutor’s “Diatribe” Against Marijuana Law and its Supporters Warrants New Trial | The Open File
    That man got a new trial. Prosecutor, not judge, but you never know.

I'm sympathetic, but not very much, because it seems you are a lousy driver. Hope you didn't hurt anyone.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 02:53 PM
    I am not sympathetic. Under the influence means a lot more then driving while intoxicated on booze. In Ontario, if you are using medicinal marijuana you are not allowed to have a drivers license.

Yes, in bold on purpose.

The Judge, in the OP's case was completely cognizant of the situation and acted accordingly.
    current pert

Dec 21, 2014, 03:27 PM
    Are you sure about Ontario? I read that there is plenty of argument in Ontario and all over Canada (and the US), but can't find anything that says you can't have a driver's license.

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with a judge in Michigan with taking away this person's medical MJ card, because the already suspended license was violated, and this person is something of a menace. But I am not a Michigan lawyer.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 04:58 PM
    You need a lawyer to file an appeal. You should have had a lawyer in the first place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health Problems [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is suffering from stress and depression ,she is also suffering from migraine and sleeplessness from last 3-4 year ,doctors are keeping experimenting on him by changing medicine strange thing is that her all reports are normal including mri report, She is taking sleeping pills to...

Health problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 26yrs old & I am sexually active with my partner. I live in remote country and have a poor health system. I have had irregurlar periods before but now I have not had my period since OCT-NOV last yr2010. I have had a blood test & ruled out pregnancy.I have gained weight rapidly over the last...

Health problems? [ 6 Answers ]

I started a rather intensive exercise regime since last December and limited my diet to consist of low carchoydrate content hoping to lose some weight. I consumed mainly fruits and have a tendency to consume large volumes of snacks and chocolates excessively.Yes, I have managed to lose some weight....

View more questions Search