Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tgoulin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Write of attachments
    I recently had a write of attachment placed on my banking account from a collection agency. What I wanted to know was if I was to open a new account could the collection agency take all the money from that account as well ?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 07:10 AM
    If they find it yes, do not open a new account at the same bank, the writ will automaticlly attach it.
    lsbean Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgoulin
    i recently had a write of attachment placed on my banking account from a collection agency. What i wanted to know was if i was to open a new account could the collection agency take all the money from that account as well ?
    It's my understanding that collection agencies are not allowed to draft from your account unless you give them the okay. They are very sneaky though, they will draft & it is virtually impossible to reverse their actions. I would close the account & open a new one.
    TxSky Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Check with your state consumer protection agencies.
    Laws vary.
    In Texas a credit card company cannot garnish wages. In some states they can.
    Bryan Williams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Comment on TxSky's post
    Is it accurate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

E-mail attachments [ 1 Answers ]

I am a computer novice. Could someone tell me how to scan then e-mail that scan.

Attachments [ 2 Answers ]

How do you include an attachment to your question? :mad:

Attachments [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have updated the windows 98 very recently. After that, I am unable to receive jpg attachments with e-mail at Outlook Express. There is message tells "OE found some unsafe content and it is removed from the original message". But, no problem for .doc attachments. Please help

View more questions Search