Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myasgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2014, 02:03 PM
    Can I sue my bank?
    Can I sue my bank for letting money go out off my account for gambling sites which I never do and then them telling me it was me all the time and now I will not get my money back as they said it was done in my name and date of birth and my address and email address please help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 02:09 PM
    Does anyone else in your family have access to your bank account number?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 02:25 PM
    Okay, then, another person is paying my mortgage (thats nice), but wait, they have my ssn no. and everything else... what, you say it isn't me and I don't actually OWN my house because that car in the driveway isn't mine.

You obviously have a problem with gambling, have lost all of your money and I think you need help

No, you cant sue you bank. You would never have enough money to do that. (you would never have enough money), I think this terminology regarding your bank is called an oxymoron.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 19, 2014, 02:28 PM
    Sure you can sue them. But unless you can prove that they are wrong, you will lose. They seem to have proof that 'you' spent the money. One of you is right and one is wrong, so get to work defending yourself. If you can prove they are wrong (NOT that someone got hold of your information and used it - that's not the bank's problem, it's yours), then they will give you your money back without a lawsuit. If you want more money, you will have to sue, and show how you were damaged, either monetarily or inconvenienced/emotionally, or both. The last part is difficult.

And people let go of private information all the time, usually by filling out online forms on sites that aren't legit. Sometimes by leaving computer sites open when someone walks by, or is in your house or place of work. Those cases are all your responsibility.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 07:59 PM
    No, you can file criminal charges (file a police report) about the stolen money, they can investigate and try and find who has accessed your account, which is easy to track by IP address very often. It had to be someone who knows all of your information.

You can sue the person who used it.

The bank, if someone uses the correct passcodes, does not know, who is using it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue my bank? [ 13 Answers ]

I have 3 accounts at one bank. A checking account, a savings account and a joint account with my child's father. I had noticed about a year ago that I stopped getting my savings account statements. Upon investigating, I discovered that my savings account information was attached to the joint...

Can I sue my bank, my branch manager lied about legal documents to and another bank [ 4 Answers ]

My branch manager lied to me and another bank about documentation ab out a loan a was getting from that other bank. Held the loan process,held up some closings on properties that a was purchasing.

Can you sue a bank [ 1 Answers ]

I had an interest only auto loan. Each month I paid more than the interest due thinking that I was paying on the principle. I did this for two years and when the loan came due,I found out the bank had not applied extra amount to principle but to future interest. Is there any recourse? They...

How to sue a bank [ 5 Answers ]

American express chose to pay a merchant $7450 for product I was lead to believe was for $750. The merchant didn't give me a receipt. This has gone on for almost 8 months. Once AMX paid the merchant, I have no connection to the merchant who concocted this fraud. My option is to sue AMX in small...

Can I sue my Bank? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had 2 issues with my bank concerning disclosure of personal information. The first was someone I knew calling asking if a check would clear and giving amounts fishing for a balance. The bank would say yes it would clear or no. The second is my ex-wife cashing her child support check...

View more questions Search