Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2014, 07:19 AM
    Window Alarm
    Couldn't figure how this alarm works. I do have any security system. Just these two pieces.
    When you put the switch on the alarm goes off. I don't see how the smaller piece with the magnets attach to the larger one to keep the alarm from going off. It is only good as a panic button now.I tried them side by side?
    Attached Images

donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 08:13 AM
    I hope you have a Blessed Christmas Pastor.

It would help to know the make and model of the alarm system so that we could look it up.

From a quick look at your system picture, those sensors should trigger the alarm when they become separated. For example a window opening, will separate the two parts of the sensor mounted on the window which will trigger the alarm.
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2014, 08:49 AM
    That is the concept. But this alarm goes off, even when both parts are together.
    Side by side. Top of bottom. Don't have the brand name?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 09:10 AM
    How long have these been installed? They look like child proof alarms preventing a child from opening the windows. I had something similar in the 80s.
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2014, 09:41 AM
    I figure it out. You have to line up the arrows. Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2014, 10:06 AM
    Yes, magnet must hold contact open.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 19, 2014, 11:48 AM
    That appears to be a battery powered single window alarm with a remote switch. Putting the two items in the top puicture together switch it to ON. If you separate them the alarm should go off, do they?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to close parent window after opening the child window as popup of the same page? [ 1 Answers ]

My requirement is to run the .net web application in full screen with taskbar but without minimize, maximize and close buttons. Please. Look at my below code, it does my requirement but parent window not closing. How do I achieve that? if (Convert.ToString(Request.QueryString) == "a") ...

Dsc alarm pc5010 I stopped monitoring, can I still use alarm? I keep getting a troubl [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped having my dsc alarm PC5010 monitored. Can I use the audible only? I keep getting a trouble, clock problem and it won't let me set it.

My bldg. Fire alarm smoke detector zone keeps giving an alarm even when board is rese [ 1 Answers ]

Want to troubleshoot my fire alarm system having trouble with my 5th floor smokes they keep giving an alarm when there is'nt one could it be my end of line resistor? What could it be? Need a starting point.

Installing window's onto 2nd hard drive from a computer already running window's? [ 7 Answers ]

How do I Install window's onto 2nd hard drive from a computer already running window's? I fixing a computer for a friend and I need to reinstall windows onto his hard drive but that's all I have is the hard drive... I have 2 computers one running xp and one running me what would be the...

View more questions Search