Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Apr 9, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Care home issues
    Hi,

I need some advice about my father. He is 63 and had a stroke last year. Since then he has ben in a care home. Last week he was removed from the care home as the council would no longer pay his care home fees (he is on statutory sickpay of £70 a week, they took £60 of this as top up to his home fees) He was sent back home. I live with my parents, with my two children as we were all due to be moving into a suitable house for my father BEFORE he was sent home. He has carers four times a day and nurses twice a day.Before coming home we were in a meeting with social services who said they were sending him back, against the occupational therapists advice (as the house is unsuitable) and that he was able to walk with a stick, and take care of his own toilet needs etc, however upon getting him home he couldn't even stand unaided, and has to wear nappies day and night. He spent a couple of weeks, six weeks ago, in a rehab home and uopn leaving was very mobile and able to take care of his own personal needs, and yet he has lost all of these. We want him put back in the rehab home to get his mobility back, but the rehab home won't take him back and social services have pretty much washed their hands of him. We can't afford the rehab home ourselves. What can we do? Do we have to legally keep him here where he is not able to even leave the house and has to live in nappies because of the unsuitabilty if the place? We are desperatey trying to find another house to move into but he can't be left alone so that is making things hard. My mum, who is almost 60 herself, is exhausted as she is running around after him all day, up and down the stairs, and he keeps us all up all night complaining that his legs hurt but we can't even get a dr out! Paramedics wotn take him anywhere as he is upstairs, we can't even get him to his hospital appointments now. What can we do?
    We are in the UK by the way.

Check out some similar questions!

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Home care [ 3 Answers ]

I am in search of an organization that will help an elderly couple (84 and 90) with daily routines around the house, such as meals on wheels, cleaning, grocery shopping etc. They still live in their own house and soon will not be driving at all. I am in Los Angeles, but the couple is in Livonia,...

Home care cost---is it tax deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

I am contributing to the home care cost for my mother who is living in Puerto Rico. I myself live in Los Angeles CA. All the arrangements and payments are being made by my sister who lives in NYC. I send her my contribution, MADE OUT TO HER, and she in turn makes out a check to the company that...

Home care agency [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish a home care agency here in WA. I want to know the step by step process and where to get necessary forms.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.