Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 05:51 AM
    The story of the pencil
    A boy was watching is grandmother write a letter.

At one point, he asked:

'Are you writing a story about what we've done? Is it a story about me?'

His grandmother stopped writing her letter and said to her grandson:

'I am writing about you, actually, but more important than the words is the pencil I'm using. I hope you will be like this pencil when you grow up.'

Intrigued, the boy looked at the pencil. It didn't seem very special.

'but it's just like any other pencil I've ever seen!'

'that depends on how you look at things. It has five qualities which, if you manage to hang on to them, will make you a person who is always at peace with the world.

'first quality: you are capable of great things, but you must never forget that there is a hand guiding your steps - this is your inner self! You are the only one who has control! - This can be your religion if need be i.e. God/Buddha etc.'

'second quality: now and then, I have to stop writing and use a sharpener. That makes the pencil suffer a little, but afterwards, he's much sharper. So you, too, must learn to bear certain pains and sorrows, because they will make you a better person.

'third quality: the pencil always allows us to use an eraser to rub out any mistakes. This means that correcting something we did is not necessarily a bad thing; it helps to keep us on the road to justice.

'fourth quality: what really matters in a pencil is not its woodeon exterior, but the graphite inside. So always pay attention to what is happening inside you.

'finally, the pencil's fifth quality: it always leaves a mark. In just the same way, you should know that everything you do in life will leave a mark, so try to be conscious of that and in your every day action.'
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 08:09 PM
    What does it mean if I type everything out on my computer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laurentian Pencil Crayons [ 5 Answers ]

First hi everyone, this is my first post and I hope I have put it in the right category. I have been trying to locate a store or online location to order or purchase Laurentian pencil crayons. I sketch and color patterns from imagery and use some colors more than others. I keep purchasing more...

The story of the pencil. Wize words here for those suffering a breakup [ 5 Answers ]

A boy was watching is grandmother write a letter. At one point, he asked: 'Are you writing a story about what we've done? Is it a story about me?' His grandmother stopped writing her letter and said to her grandson: 'I am writing about you, actually, but more important than the words...

My story [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so My boyfriend and I are trying to conceive. Jan. 14, 2007 was my last regular, normal period. My normal periods are heavy, heavy dark red and they last 4 days exactly. Feb. 10, 2007 I had brown spotting with light red/pink blood. It lasted 3 days. I took 3 test all came back negative....

My story.. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello First of all, thanks to all the mods and admins for running such a great forum. Kip Up the good work! Now here's my story, I 've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 years. Last week she said she needed a break before we get any deeper in this relationship. I agreed and gave her some...

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

View more questions Search