Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TennesseeGal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2014, 12:55 AM
    My Grandson has a fever of 102.5 all day!
    Hello, My grandson is 29 months old, he has not been feeling well all week.
    So my daughter took him to the Dr today and the Dr told her to just keep giving Tylenol every 4 hours. Before doctor visit @ 2:30 pm his temp was 102.8, at the doctors office
    @ 3:30 it was 99.5, then my daughter took my grandson home and all day his temp has been
    101.0 or higher like 101.something. She has been giving Tylenol all day he's on his 3rd dose now and she took his temp at 11pm it was at 103.0 She just took his temp again and it has gone down 1/2 a degree so now it's 102.5. He has a runny nose (Runs clear liquid from nose) and a cough but not a productive cough, his little body hurts, he's lethargic and not moving. He has had only 2 Sippy cups today, 1 was milk and the other was Apple juice 1/2
    w/water. What else can she do to bring his fever down when it's 102.5? Or should she take him to ER?
    Please help thank you. My name is Lisa S
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 12, 2014, 01:58 AM
    Was his nose swabbed for the flu?

Considering he is not getting any fluids I do think this warrants a visit to the ER.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2014, 05:20 PM
    Emergency room - he may need
    IV fluids to prevent dangerous dehydration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 month old 102 fever possible ear infection [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 month old started running a fever this evening (after Dr office closed) he has also been fussy the past couple days and playing with his hair and ears. At first I thought it was just teething but now he has a fever so I am thinking ear infection, I cannot get him to the Dr at all tomorrow...

4-Day Low Grade Fever is Now a High Grade Fever (103.5) [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has had a low grade fever (99-101) for 4 days and it jumped from a low grade fever to high fever (103.5) within an hour. He has been getting fluids (Powerade Zero) and taking Advil every 6-8 hours for the last 3 days. The Advil appears to lower his temperature slightly. He complains of...

12 year old with fever 102 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 12 Year old son who is running a 102 fever with a headache and vomiting. He started the fever yesterday morning around 5 am the vomiting did not start until last night about 11 pm?

10 month old with 102.2 fever [ 2 Answers ]

My 10 month old has had a fever of 102.2 (taken under her arm) for past 2 hours even after Tylenol it is still 101.7. She will hardly eat or drink, very congested, constipated and shivering even though her body is burning up. She can barely hold her eyes open and drowsy but restless. What can I do...

2 year old 102.1 fever [ 6 Answers ]

I noticed my daughter had a little fever a couple of hours ago it was at 101 at like 8 pm its about to be 11 and its higher... should I give her motrin or tylenol? What temp is too high where I should worry about calling a doctor?

View more questions Search