Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jade0309 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2014, 09:22 AM
    Can I pass an EtG test in 60 hrs after drinking 8 drinks?
    I had 4 shots of whiskey and roughly 4 beers on Monday night. I don't even weigh 100 Pounds and I'm only 5'2. My metabolism is very high. Please help.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 10, 2014, 11:18 AM
    At 60 hours you're skating the line of pass nad fail. You might pass, you might fail. The test is rated to about 60-80 hours after heavy drinking. That would be heavy drinking.

If the test has already been taken, you just need to ponder what could happen if you fail? If you're having problems with not drinking when prohibited, there are tonnes of support groups around to help you if needed.
    Jade0309 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2014, 06:32 PM
    No I've not taken it yet. Possibly tmw around noon. It'll have been 60 hrs since I drank. I've drank tons of water and tea over the last 2 days and taken midol as a diuretic. Any chances that'll work?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 11, 2014, 08:06 AM
    No.

The ETG/ETS will be produced and eliminated at a constant rate until it has been completely removed from your system. When you drink a lot of water and tea you introduce a LOT of liquid into your system while will dilute your urine. This will lessen the amount of ETG/ETS in your urine, but it will also reduce the amount of other known molecules in your urine. You will see when you go to the washroom, it will be a LOT lighter then the usual yellow colour. When the ETG/ETS test is taken they check for MANY compounds other then ETG/ETS. If the ones that should be at a known level are significantly low then they'll fail the sample for dilution. When it is diluted there are two things going on, first they cannot accurately say how much ETG/ETS is in the sample but more importantly it is a sign of a covering up consumption. Guilty mind will fail you essentially.

The best thing to do now is go about your normal routine, drink what you normally would, and pray to whatever fuzzy thing you hold dear that you pass. If you continue to do what you're doing you'll fail for sure. If you go to your normal routine then you have a chance of passing.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2014, 08:13 AM
    That old trick of flushing your body never works. Just triggers suspicion you are hiding something. Its called dilution, and has long been figured out by testers. Sadly testees haven't figured it out yet.

If you properly prepare for a drug/alcohol test through abstinence, you not only skip the stress, and mind games, you have a GREAT chance of success, no matter when you have to test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100, can I pass a EtG 48hrs after drinking 3 drinks [ 3 Answers ]

I drank two stander beers and had one shot of tequila on Saturday at dinner, being done drinking by 7:30 pm. Im a active guy, work out regularly, have pretty high metabolism, and drink ample amounts of water. My EtG test is a 500ng/ml cut off. What are my chances of passing 48hrs later?

Is it possible to pass the EtG test in 60 hrs? 61 hours prior to test I had 4 drinks. [ 1 Answers ]

The metabolic rate/half life supports this possibility tho' there are many variables i.e. EtG production, liver functions etc. Q. is there any hope that I will pass/survive this one test?

Will I pass an ETG test approx 87 hrs after drinking? [ 0 Answers ]

I am a 31 year old female, 5'2" weighing 150lbs. Last night, Thursday, I consumed 2 beers, a glass of wine, and three shots within an 8 hour time frame, ending at midnight. I am wondering if I have a couple beers with friends tonight, Friday, will I be able to pass an ETG test next Tuesday at noon?...

View more questions Search