Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gloria Wells Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2014, 07:49 AM
    Tapping on the ceiling under me.
    I have a woman and son and every night they are tapping on the ceiling under me. This has been going on since I moved in here. They also so this in the daytime, but it is at night that they go to town with this tapping. I have spoken to them and they think it is funny. How can I quite this sound when I am in my bed?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 10, 2014, 08:07 AM
    Gloria, you added to an old post about a different situation.

Speak to the landlord. Tap back with a broom handle while they are asleep, like at 5 am. Talk to them again and say it isn't funny, and that you hear that the landlord is planning to raise their rent a lot (even if not true). Whatever works! Blast your TV real loud at odd hours!
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 10, 2014, 09:52 AM
    It's a common practice in apartments. Generally it's a way of complaining about noise supposedly being made by you. If you aren't making any noise, and speaking with them doesn't help, complaining to the landlord would be the next step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone tapping [ 15 Answers ]

I just recently found a recording device on my phone at home that my then live with girlfriend and brother installed on the phone line recording all incomeing and outgoing calls. Is this illegal since I or anyone I was talking to knew. Is it a criminal offense

Tapping Wall [ 5 Answers ]

Every morning at 7am, a tapping noise starts on one particular wall in my bedroom. It is not the sounds of rodents. At one point,it will even, "flutter", then quiet, then go back to the intermittent tapping. It is the wall that separates my bedroom and bathroom. Thanks!

Tapping equity [ 2 Answers ]

Okay here goes this is complicated and I need some help. My mother has a property in the same town that I live in and she is in need of help and she cannot pay the mortgage. My husband and myself are wanting to help and assume the property, paying the mortgage and tax payments. My mother right...

Tapping into elecrical [ 22 Answers ]

I need electrical in my garage to power my thru-wall exhaust fan I just purchased. I have just one outlet on that wall. It's GFCI. My location is 10' away for the install. The ONLY spot I can put this fan. Is it best to keep it on the CFCI circuit, or connect to house current from above the...

Tapping SS benefits [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has just started receiving disability benefits, can those benefits be garnished for a defaulted private loan?

View more questions Search