Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abcdefghijk123 Posts: 99, Reputation: 0

Dec 8, 2014, 06:01 PM
    Tumbling/Cheerleading
    Hello, I've been wanting to do tumblinh for quite some time now, but my mom keeps on telling me no. She never has a valid answer when I ask her why not, it's usually "because I said so" or something like that. I wanted to do tumbling so I could get into cheerleading. It is my ULTIMATE dream to get onto Cali Smoed, but I think it's too late for that considering I am 14 now. I have been asking my mom since I was 11 to do tumbling, and since it's Christmas time I thought it would be a good gift idea. She shut me down again... Does anyone know a good way to convince her to let me do tumbling? Thank you all so much!
    -abcdefghijk123
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2014, 06:04 PM
    Why does she say no?

Dec 8, 2014, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why does she say no?
    I have no idea I was the annoying child after she said no the first time and kept asking why, but she just kept saying "because I said so"
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 8, 2014, 06:09 PM
    Have you given her a reason why you want to besides "I really want to"?
    Maybe she can't afford it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2014, 06:12 PM
    No one here can help you if you have no idea why she says no. If you/we don't know her reason(s), then you/we can't build counterarguments. The next order if business is for you to find out why she says no.

And like Homegirl suggested, do you have good reasons why you should? If so, what are they?

Dec 8, 2014, 06:27 PM
    No one here can help you if you have no idea why she says no. If you/we don't know her reason(s), then you/we can't build counterarguments. The next order if business is for you to find out why she says no.

And like Homegirl suggested, do you have good reasons why you should? If so, what are they?
    I can go ask again and try to get some reasons out of her. We hve the money so that's not the issue. She is always begging me to excersize (im pretty much a couch potato) so I could use that as an argument, also she thinks I'm antisocial but to be on a cheer team you would have to be social so that could maybe be one. Thanks for your time.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2014, 06:41 PM
    So you're willing to get off the couch to move your body and also be social? Will your body allow the contortions and probable pain it will experience with tumbling and cheering? Are you ready for strains and sprains and maybe even broken bones? How do you plan to suddenly become social and bubbly? Do the other students know you as antisocial?

Dec 8, 2014, 06:52 PM
    So you're willing to get off the couch to move your body and also be social? Will your body allow the contortions and probable pain it will experience with tumbling and cheering? Are you ready for strains and sprains and maybe even broken bones? How do you plan to suddenly become social and bubbly? Do the other students know you as antisocial?
    I'm actually very flexible because I did dance for 3 years and you had to be able to do an over split. I've broken my foot before and 3 of my fingers so yes, I am ready for broken bones. I've also sprained my ankle and know what the outcome of all of that is. I am very social, and all of my friends say that I am the most sociable friend out of all their friends, my mom only thinks that I am anti social. I am a very active person and I do track and field every year. I did soccer for 7 years. I'm telling you her reasons, not what I actually am.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2014, 07:11 PM
    I didn't know anything about you. So, how would you argue (nicely, of course) to your mom? Maybe we first need to know what she's thinking....

If you sprain or break something, you're on leave from the team, plus you will cost your parents time and money in getting medical care for you. Plus, you might miss some school. And what about the cost (and traveling) of participating and staying after school and attending competitions and games?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tumbling/Cheerleading [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if 13 years old is too late to start tumbling and cheerleading. I am 5'4 and I weigh 103 pounds. I can do the basics, a cartwheel, round off, back bend, and I used to be able to do a split, but not any more. My school does not offer cheerleading but a classmate and I are trying...

How to get into tumbling? [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I'm twelve and when I was younger, I did gymnastics for 3 years. My parents took me out because they wanted me to do it for 10-15 hours a week. I'm coming out of a depression, and wanted some basic things to get into tumbling. I don't want to do classes, because depression makes you very...

I'm new to cheerleading and I need a few tips on cheerleading. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I'm very new to cheerleading and I really need some tips on cheerleading. And if anyone has any cheers, could you send them to me? Thanks. ~Bye <3

Cheerleading [ 2 Answers ]

On Friday I tried out for cheer team and I made the Freshman cheer, there's only 13 people counting me would that mean that one of my team members or me would be an extra person and would have to sit on the bench the entire game or what? Please help!

Cheerleading [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm new and it's the 3rd day of practice. I can't seem to remember ll of the movements but I can remember all of the words. What should I do?:(

View more questions Search