Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Todd60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2014, 04:49 PM
    Is there a minimum lot size for a mobile home not in a park?
    In some states a mobile home can not be set up out side a trailer park unless the lot is at least an acre. Is there a requirement like that in NC?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2014, 05:26 PM
    Answers for that are typically local, not state mandate. Contact the county or city where you want to place the MH.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 9, 2014, 06:25 AM
    Local, and often depends on the part of town! Call the zoning dept, but you need an actual address, at least a street.
    There are also all the usual requirements for water and sewer, just as though it's a house.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 9, 2014, 02:05 PM
    ... There are also all the usual requirements for water and sewer, just as though it's a house.
    As noted, it's a matter of the local zoning and other land use ordinances, but in general, if there are not public utilities, there may well be a minimum lot size, in light of the need for a well and a septic system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I withhold lot rent on a mobile home if I paid off my mobile home and they won't [ 7 Answers ]

Can I withhold lot rent on a mobile home if I paided off my mobile home and they won't send the title its been 11 months and still no title has been mailed to me despite my request

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

Mobile home park landlord [ 2 Answers ]

In May of this year, sewer pipe from trailer next door gushed out raw sewage into my yard, for 20+ hours (this has happened several times over the 15 yrs that we have lived here.) before management would get anyone here to fix this. Dug huge whole in my yard (that I rent from them) tore up the back...

I have a title for my mobile home,I was evicted from the lot I rented from the park a [ 4 Answers ]

I have a title for my mobile home,I was evicted from the lot I rented from the park as I was behind on lot rent, last October,3 weeks after I left my home the park I lived in sold my home as a rent to own,I checked and the title is still in my name and I want to sell it, to the people that are...

View more questions Search