Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiffany933 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2014, 03:40 AM
    Shop theft
    Hi. I stole a dress from forever 21 that cost $35. I went John little n stole cosmetic of 3 items less than $100. I was caught in John little. I didn't declare at first that I stole from f21. Police found out aft they saw the price tag. I'm 21 n my first Time n truly regretted. My family have financial difficulties n single parent who is 60+ years old. They give me theft in dwelling n have to report back in 2 weeks. What will happen? Will I go court and jail?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 7, 2014, 06:45 AM
    Of course you will go to court. You are a thief. As for jail, unfortunately probably not as the jails are too full. But you need to hire a good attorney.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2014, 07:21 AM
    There will , most likely be two charges, one for each theft,

You will of course go to court, but not jail, you will have to pay (normally) a fine, and also, pay the store for their lost time and trouble, most likely 300 to 500 per store.

And perhaps probation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so scared being charged with theft over 5 x2 and theft under 5 [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Toronto Canada, I am a first time offender and turned 18 3 months ago, I am being charged for theft over 5 x2 and theft under , I pleaded guilty and cooperated with the cops, I stole some jewelry from a few house parties I went to, I am so scared I'm being completely honest with them, I...

16 year old charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery what will [ 2 Answers ]

I was charged with 3rd degree theft, theft by deception, and forgery for finding a debit card and buying 3 items in Bridgewater Commons Mall New Jersey that I believe came up to $300 I used credit and had to sigh the receipt I didn't use my name but the name on the card. I was brought to the police...

THEFT UNDER $5000 - second offence. (1st offence = theft from employer) [ 10 Answers ]

I am 19 years old. Living in british columbia, canada. Yesterday me and my friend were shoplifting at metrotown mall.. we were being followed around the mall because of our big purses and did not know it until we went into "old navy" where we saw a bunch of bathing suits and flip flops and jammed...

View more questions Search