Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluepersonality Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Dec 4, 2014, 12:51 PM
    Boosting Business
    Hello, I am the bookkeeper/secretary+ at a small family owned auto repair shop in a small town (less than 10,000 people on the population board). I am searching for ideas on making our business great!
    What tips could you offer me?
    What would you like for your auto repair shop to do for you?
    What catches your eye for auto repair?
    & auto repair advertising?
    When I make advertisements for our local round-up paper I want to be educational but keep it short, sweet & to the point, which isn't always easy.
    How can I get customers interested in understanding what we're talking about?
    I created a book for our customers that has information on products we sell, on understanding certain systems of a car & some tips for keeping their car in safe running condition, but no one looks at it :(
    I'd really like to get some displays for them to look at, cause I've noticed what we already have does catch people's attention, however I just don't have the office space, walls or desk, to do this. I would really like a different shop building but that's just not in the cards.
    I would also like to do some sort of customer loyalty program as well, but am not sure about how to go about doing this. I've tried to start an email list but not one person has signed up. We do intend on starting a website in the future, hopefully that will happen in 2015. A great portion of our customers are elderly people so that might be part of the dilemma.
    And if you have any tips or info you can give me to help be improve my bookkeeping skills & organization I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks for taking time to read this. I look forward to any tips I may get!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 4, 2014, 01:08 PM
    Elderly people appreciate being able to save money. Offer money-saving coupons for various services? Print them in the local paper or pennysaver? And customer service is extremely important. What about being willing to make "house calls" for certain car care needs, like oil changes, detailing, minor servicing (head- or tail-light replacement, etc.)?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 4, 2014, 01:46 PM
    Website? Not necessary. A Facebook page. Car repair is local, and Facebook is mostly people who know each other, so there you are, all for free, in two minutes. Hours, map, phones, smiling faces.
    Loyalty program? Easy. Business cards with offers on the back or bottom edge, good for one year past the date of when you hand it to them, dated and initialed. Dollars off, % off, whatever you want. You could make some people charter members.
    Attraction from the road? Two big flower planters, well kept. In the winter, fill with pine branches and winking lights. A neat, attractive curb means that you care about the service you give. No weeds, ever.
    Return business? Work on the cars when you say you will, within 15 minutes. Talk in detail. Do they want a quote called in before you do the work, and so on. Why the work is needed, and what brands you use for parts. 3 extra minutes explaining means a relaxed, happy, trusting customer.

Usually. Some people are never happy in the car biz!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boosting electrical output over long distance wires [ 9 Answers ]

Thanks for your assistance in advance! I live in a rural Cambodian setting without electric service from town. We decided to have a wire run from town through the local power company. It is a black wire undoubtedly of low quality made in Vietnam or China. It is the one used in town. The...

While boosting a motorcycle my 1993 del sol quit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I boosted my motorcycle using my 1993 Del Sol with jumper cables. As soon as I touched the starter button on the motorcycle, the Del Sol quit. When I went back to the Del Sol and turned the key, it appears to have all powers active, except nothing happens at all when I turn the key to...

Boosting single gravity cold water supply to an instantaneous heating shower [ 1 Answers ]

I had a mains supply, instantanous heating, shower fitted over the bath at my fathers house. I chose mains supply because I thought that the pressure (less than 1m head of water) from the header tank in the attic would be too low for the shower. Unfortunately, from the start the water heating was...

Would boosting a guys confidence cause him to think less of you? [ 1 Answers ]

So, I am recently married, and completely and totally off my feet with love for this fella'. We have a great relationship, ticklefests, makeout sessions, the works- anyway, Honestly I think that he is th hottest guy on the face of the earth. He has just the right amount of hair on his legs and...

View more questions Search