Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rready3003 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2014, 11:48 AM
    He filed a mental health warrant to stop possible lawsuit
    After getting a letter from an attorney accusing him of abuse etc, my dad gave in. He said he would pay out of court. He said I need to just talk to his shrink to make sure you're I was mature enough to handle the settlement money. The"talk" was just to legally show I had talked to a doc so I could be arrested on a mental health warrant. I was then released on my own- no hearing and nothing.

My dad told the doc I was going to kill him previous to me being in the office. The doc and me talked about sports and nothing else. The whole thing was a sham just to show I was in the office. The doc went along with my dads lies. I sued the doc and got $10,000.

I had never retained an attorney against my dad. I merely had one write a letter who was located out of state. He said my case would be tough to win anyway.

I just want to know what type of crime it would be for my dad using a fraudulent mental health arrest to stop a perceived lawsuit. I was basically kidnapped. The hospital was closed down by the FBI about a year later. The doc also lost his license. I was not a minor at the time. My dad has money. This was years ago.

I am now having another attorney locally send him a demand letter for even more abuse. He has been harrasing and stalking me at times ever since the day he had me arrested.

I have never got a dime from Dad so far. He sexually harrased me also..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 4, 2014, 12:05 PM
    You need to start at the beginning, with your age and what the settlement was for, and when. I know you 'just want to know' something, but you have to be a danger to yourself or others to be brought in by the police to a mental health ward on a 3 day commitment paper (not familiar with 'mental health warrant'). Your father managed to do that from afar? I can see why you were released. I can see why your father has agreed to pay (he was managing your settlement while you were a minor, or recovering from injury, or what)?

The attorney who told you that your case would be tough to win, presumably suing your father for his scare tactics, is correct. There are criminal cases and civil cases. 'Crime' would require that a prosecutor determine that a crime had been committed. A civil case, such as for harassment, intimidation, etc, what you call scare tactics, would require that you hire a private lawyer to prove that you were harmed, with a monetary value attached. You will spend more than you imagine, and probably lose. You are getting your funds. Get over your father's actions. Sue him if he doesn't send you the money.

Your writing style is so confusing! Next time please get your thoughts together BEFORE asking us questions. We aren't there and have no clue who, what, when, where, and why.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 4, 2014, 12:44 PM
    ... I just want to know what type of crime it would be for my dad using a fraudulent mental health arrest to stop a perceived lawsuit. ...
    From what you write, I don't think it would be a crime.

You were "Baker Acted" pursuant to the opinion as to your mental state by the doctor. Granted, the doctor interviewed you on the basis of a false pretext, but the doctor could probably successfully claim that it was only after you were interviewed that the doctor realized you were a threat to yourself or others.

Dec 4, 2014, 03:27 PM
    Years later my Dad admitted while feeling depressed that he knew it was fraud. He then blamed me- He said he had no choice but to lie to protect his money.
    current pert

Dec 4, 2014, 03:32 PM
    HIS money??? What are you talking about?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2014, 03:45 PM
    And how many is "years later". How far back does this issue go? The FBI closed the hospital?

Dec 10, 2014, 01:21 PM
    Shameful video considered extortion if you also demanded out of court settlement?
    If you post a video that is related to the damages such as act that is damaging then it would be no longer extortion because its related to the actual demand of the out of court settlement right?

Its just a video of the person knocking on the doors and windows who is not welcome with some words added about how they need counseling. No cuss words or insults..

If this was posted online just after sending a demand letter for mental anguish would that cancel out the extortion claim? Or is it still not legal?
    current pert

Dec 10, 2014, 03:50 PM
    You radically changed your original post, and now are adding info that doesn't make sense, because again, you are TERRIBLE at explaining anything. Say WHO took the video of WHOM, and WHO is suing WHOM for extortion, and so on.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2014, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rready3003 View Post
    If you post a video that is related to the damages such as act that is damaging then it would be no longer extortion because its related to the actual demand of the out of court settlement right?

Its just a video of the person knocking on the doors and windows who is not welcome with some words added about how they need counseling. No cuss words or insults..

If this was posted online just after sending a demand letter for mental anguish would that cancel out the extortion claim? Or is it still not legal?
    Makes absolutely no sense as it relates to your original post, or for that matter, no sense at all.

Dec 10, 2014, 10:49 PM
    I did not post that question on here- the website did... they goofed.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 11, 2014, 03:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rready3003 View Post
    I did not post that question on here- the website did... they goofed.
    Totally impossible for that to happen, rready. You posted, not the website.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2014, 03:47 PM
    Dec4, 2014, 06:48 PM . Posted by rready 3003. That is you isn't it?

Dec 15, 2014, 08:49 AM
    I just got an out of court settlement offer- never mind...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2014, 09:09 AM
    I hope it works out for you, but care to share with us?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental Inquest Warrant [ 1 Answers ]

What is the process after a mental inquest warrant is file, what is the next step? What happens to the respondent?

Lawsuit filed by asset acceptance [ 10 Answers ]

I have been served with a lawsuit by asset acceptance. A few years ago, when I was unexpectedly unemployed, I could not make the payments on three credit cards. A bankruptcy lawyer told me I could either pay or ignore them. I tried to ignore them as I am barely catching up on basic expanses. But...

Mental inquest warrant New York? [ 2 Answers ]

My mother has always drank. But since my Father passed away more than 2 months ago I don't think she has been sober for a single day. She has started to become nasty to me and my children. I live in an apartment upstairs in a double that was left to her by her parents. I moved here to help her with...

I lawsuit was filed against me - I was never served? [ 1 Answers ]

I am received notices from lawyers regarding a lawsuit that was filed against me with The clerk of court... I was never served with a lawsuit.

I have a lawsuit filed against me [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Illinois and have a lawsuit filed against me from a collection agency for a CC debt. I am unemployed but have set up payments with them anyway. They are taking directly from my bank account. Will they still seek a judgment?

View more questions Search