Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aldo175 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2014, 08:04 PM
    My best friend doesn't wants to text me
    I have this best friend who is like a brother to me we text all the day for almost a year, our conversations were never boring we always had a blast and always laughed about it. He's a very private person and can be serious so I felt very special that he was so open to me. There were times when he would take long to respond but when he replied he apologized for it and explain why he couldn't, then there were times when he wouldn't explain why anymore I got used to because I know he's attitude.

He later started being mean to me and sarcastic but he would always like to text. He then would take long to respond but I learned to live with it, then a couple of weeks ago he surprised me he was being so nice and always replied right away and was also the one to text first. But from one day to the next he changed drastically and almost never replied to me I asked him why cause I always want to resolve the issues with him I never want to fight and he gets mad when I talked about or ask why he's acting a certain way and I always have to apologize.

He told me got tired of texting all the time. And when I try to text him he always takes forever to respond or texts sarcastically and leaves. I know for sure its just me cause I seen him text other people a lot, and when from time to time when I text him he takes hours to respond but when replies to my friend right away who's right next to me, so I know its about me, what do I do? I don't want to lose him but I don't know what to do anymore I always want to talk about but he doesn't.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2014, 05:50 AM
    I am afraid you have become way too dependent on one person and take his crap while he goes and comes to you as he pleases. He sucks you back in by being nice and spits you out when he has better things to do. Why do you compromise your own dignity and self respect to keep a fair weather text buddy?

Is your life so revolved around having a text buddy that you are out of balance with the real world or what? Seems like it from what you have written. How old are you both and what's up with texting and not having a real life with real people and real activities?

Real friends shouldn't be that hard to keep, nor is it healthy to be so dependent on one person for your happiness and want total attention from them all the time. I suspect you are addicted to texting this one person and that is not a good thing. Is that all you have to look forward to is texting?

Think about it.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2014, 03:21 PM
    Agree. Real friends are not an effort. I know in my life if someone is too clingy I start to avoid the situation and the person.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2014, 03:27 PM
    "He told me got tired of texting all the time". A whole day of texting-that's a real life!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2014, 04:55 PM
    Leave him alone and prove to yourself that you can do better as far as a friendship goes, and restore your own dignity and self respect! That's the problem, you seem to have none. If you did you wouldn't even consider putting up with his crap!
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2014, 05:45 PM
    After all that texting, he wants to be done with the conversation. I mean really.. I'm a mom and sometimes I want my own son to stop talking to me just so I can have time to myself. Or to focus on something else. Other times, nothing would make me happier than a long phone chat with my son.

The kind of marathon texting you describe would grow tiresome for me even if the other person was the greatest love of my life.

Only text occasionally to make plans to hang out and do something with him and other friends. If he doesn't respond, don't think twice about it... he has a life. And one text doesn't have to turn into a whole day. Be the one to end at least half of the discussions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be mad that my boyfriend doesn't call and doesn't text me for days [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months and my boyfriend doesn't call me I have to call him first and then he will text me then won't text me for like 4 days I have comfronted him but all he says is "sorry he will change" and it makes me furious

Why if a man doesn't want you.. why will he text you? [ 3 Answers ]

I had been dating a guy for eight months. He says he has commitment issues he's 45 and I'm 26. We had a good relationship but he broke up with me because he said we were at a point where we needed to move forward or break up. He claimed he didn't want to, but he did. I pleaded with him and finally...

Why doesn't he call or text me as much anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 months now but have been talking for 7 months. At first he would always call me and text me all the time but now its getting less n less and I don't know why. Just last week he just told me he loved me and I feel the same way too. But what's weird is...

My girlfriend expects me to text her, but she doesn't text me! [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfrend expects me to text her throughout the day to let her know what I'm I'm doing, but she doesn't tell me what she is doing and sometimes still doesn't. She has really changed. She doesn't want to spend time with me anymore, she only suggest that I come over after I tell her I have...

Why doesn't he text more often? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been seeing this one guy for about 6 monthes and we don't talk on the phone very often because he's not that type, but we do text. There are days where we will have a full day of texting back and forth, and then he won't text me, so then I text him because I see no problem with the women...

View more questions Search