Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigcowboy1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Financial aid for son
    I filed the federal financial aid form online for my son. I make too much for him to get a grant, but I filed bankruptcy ch 13. So my disposable income is tight for the next 5 years. Will this help him at all if I tell them?
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 9, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Honestly, I do not know. But I was in the same position. My dad filed me on his taxes and when we filled out Fafsa, I didn't get anything because my dad makes way too much. So I went to this website FastWeb: Scholarships, Financial Aid and Colleges have your son do it. He will fill out a survey about himself and after he fills out all his info it will pull up hundreds maybe thousands of scholarships or grants he qualifies for. I got one just for having curly hair. They have the most ridiculous scholarships, but trust me they help. I am just about to finish up my first year of college and I had gotten $7,000 from that website. Some scholarships will require him to write essays, sometimes quizzes, etc... it is worth it trust me. It will also keep him updated on new scholarships he qualifies for. Goodluck
    bigcowboy1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Thanks for the help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 08:42 PM
    Also talk to the fincial aid dept of the school he is going to, many have local money and other grants they will know about, Plus also many offer work programs to help with the education if needed.
    curlygurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
    @Becca1025
    What was the name of the schoalrship you got for having curly hair?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need financial aid and grants! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to go back to school and go into nursing. I have a son, and am a single mother. I know about the Pell grant... but are there any other grants that are available to someone like me. I am going to have to work only part time as I have my son full time and I need to go to school full...

Schlorship or financial aid [ 0 Answers ]

Any body who knows about schlorship or financial aid please give guidance.I am studying 7th standard in st. johnes hr secondary school tn state. I am from poor famiy my father expired long before.any body have suggestion ?

Financial aid apeals [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on writing an apeal letter for a grant or scholarship. Help me please thanks!

View more questions Search