Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffelectric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2014, 07:00 AM
    1983 Honda Shadow VT750c
    I installed a new pest of piston rings in my 1983 Honda Shadow VT750. I turned my timing mark to FT and marked the position of my cam shaft. I installed everything the same way. When I turn the engine to the timing mark to FT the marks are right on, if I turn the engine again to FT the marks are 180 degrees off, so I am not sure what FT mark I used, does this make a difference.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2014, 09:59 AM
    It would be off 180 degrees with one turn. Remember, there are 2 piston strokes in a 4 cycle engine. That's why the cam sprocket gear is twice the size of the crank gear. Set piston to TDC and make sure crank mark aligns with the cam mark. Rotate engine twice and the marks should align again. with 1 rotation the marks should be 180 off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 shadow honda 700cc parts [ 0 Answers ]

I need a IC IGNITOR Part # TID12-25 MK7 made by Hitachi Ltd Tokyo Japan I would like a new one but I don't know were to look no one seems to make them anymore

How do I change the thermostat on a 1983 Honda Accord LX? [ 0 Answers ]

I spent all day today looking over the engine and I'm pretty sure it's the thermostat sticking. If anyone could post a proper procedure on changing the part I'd be very grateful.

Are parts from 1983-86 750cc and 100cc Honda Magnas compatible [ 1 Answers ]

Are parts from 1983-86 500cc, 750cc and 1100cc Honda Magnas compatible I recently bought a clean titled 1984 v65 1100C magna and want to know if parts are compatible with any other similar year smaller engine models

1983 Rover Qunitet (same as Honda Civic) won't turn over [ 7 Answers ]

G'day, Being female I'm not very mechanically minded but, I'm doing some research for my uncle on his 1983/84 Rover Qunitet which he tells me is the same as a honda civic. The problem is the car seems to be starving for fuel. The car starts fine but sounds like it is straving for fuel (even...

View more questions Search