Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2014, 05:16 PM
    How about just arresting those doing wrong. Much easier that way. Things are much quieter now.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2014, 07:03 PM
    Not exactly proactive policing Tal, but then we wouldn't want to violate anyone's rights, would we? No, the solution of shooting down the wrong doers rather than having them set free by the courts seems to work. A no tolerance policy usually gets results
    Expert

Dec 26, 2014, 08:11 PM
    The situation didn't call for proactive, just being effective, which they were. What were they supposed to arrest everybody? Or would you prefer gunning them down?

They were proactive enough. No tolerance for what?
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2014, 12:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The situation didn't call for proactive, just being effective, which they were. What were they supposed to arrest everybody? Or would you prefer gunning them down?

They were proactive enough. No tolerance for what?
    Civil disorder Tal, vigilante justice, but proactive is called for with cop killers in the community
    Expert

Dec 27, 2014, 06:02 AM
    NoNo cops got killed Clete, except in NY, and he's dead!
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2014, 01:47 PM
    That's three down Tal and counting, just because they didn't succeed doesn't mean they weren't cop killers
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2014, 07:17 AM
    yesterday tens of thousands of cops attended the funeral. When Mayor de Blasio (aka -de Commie-o) got up to talk. They turned their back on him in symbolic protest . Hizzoner d*ckhead was 2 hrs late for the memorial;showing up just before it concluded .
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2014, 02:02 PM
    Yep that's proactive
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2014, 09:41 AM
    Comrade BeBlasio on being booed at the NYPD graduation ceremony, nanny Boomberg was booed once, too.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2014, 03:34 AM
    yes Bloomy was booed after he talked of layoffs . Sandanista Mayor De Blasio enflamed protesters with his rhetoric.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2014, 12:32 PM
    Yup, I don't think they took too kindly to it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2015, 05:51 PM
    A storm in a teacup
    Once again the US is being tried in the court of public opinion, this time because they shunned the international expressions of solidarity over Charlie Hembro

'A storm in a D.C. teacup' - CNN.com

There is a big question here, is this callous disregard because it didn't happen here or a media beatup over a notable absence. I have to say our PM didn't go either and I don't know what that says. When you see what happened in France it is obvious it is the action of a small group who may or may not have allegiences to a major terror organisation. The terrorists have achieved their objective, France is in lockdown but the focus is on what Obama didn't do as if it has any bearing on the outcome. How about getting the focus on the victims, there are reports that the French jewish population is contemplating migrating. They can migrate here, it is preferable to muslim migration

Je Suis Charlie
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2015, 05:44 AM
    The emperor had football games to watch. VP Biden ;well it's not safe to let him outside. JF Kerry would've been a natural choice ;especially since he's French in spirit anyway. The one who speaks of courage but rarely shows it ;Eric Holder was there in Paris and decided to bug out before the march.
    Remember when all the endorsements for the emperor in 2008 noted that he was a citizen of the world and he would repair the US relations that the Bushies destroyed ? Well his foreign policies have been one failure after another . His State dept is a joke .He has made relations with allies worse and too often show common cause with our enemies (especially with Iran and the Ikhwan) .

Let's see if he travels to Moscow to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Russia's 'Victory Day' . He's invited ,but I suspect he'll decline . Too bad . That could be an ice breaking occasion .
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2015, 06:24 AM
    Michael Ramirez Cartoon
    Expert

Jan 14, 2015, 06:42 AM
    Ultra conservative news coverage of the Paris march.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2015, 08:48 AM
    there are reports that the French jewish population is contemplating migrating
    yes anti-semitism has always been an issue in egalitarian France. But the biggest problem is the migration of Muslims into the country . The Europeans think they can have workers come in and not assimilate without consequences. George Friedman has a good essay on this issue .
    A War Between Two Worlds | Stratfor

Of course the US is falling into the same trap. We used to say about immigration is that we have a melting pot . Now we call our society a 'mosaic' .You see it with all the hyphenization of identity . We aren't Americans . We are Italian-Americans ,Irish-Americans ,African-Americans etc.

However ,the big weakness of that progressive drivel is that 'tribal' differences are emphasized, not minimized in the 'beautiful mosaic 'concept . Another name for it is 'Balkanization' .
    Expert

Jan 14, 2015, 09:24 AM
    Obviously Tom, all tribes are not equal, especially in America. That's not what's written in the constitution either.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2015, 01:47 PM
    You are right Tal all the tribes are not equal and certainly not in the place that talks of equality but this has been ever so, it has enabled one group to enslave another and one group to dominate another, there are many examples of this and the wars we have today are in fact this principle in human behaviour playing out. However the tribal boundries have changed, they are less associated with race and far more associated with ideology and religion and it is niaive to suggest that religion is not one of the key factors or that the devil made them do it

And we see the ultimate tribal system at play when Tom asks will Obama travel to Moscow? If he were a statesman he would, if he is just a tribal elder he will not.
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2015, 05:31 PM
    tal ,you completely missed the point about my use of the word 'tribal ' . So strike that and say .....However ,the big weakness of that progressive drivel is that 'ethnic ' differences are emphasized, not minimized in the 'beautiful mosaic 'concept .
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2015, 07:24 PM
    Let's agree multiculturalism doesn't work, it's a marvellous idea that people don't have to change and adapt but unrealistic, when you come to a country there is an ethos, there is a language, there are laws and why should this change for a minority who choose to come and leave their homeland. We have seen is that what happens over time is the original inhabitants fade away in the face of large scale migration but one culture pervades. Multiculturalism is born out of the idea that displaced persons need a home but that's fine as far as it goes. There are few societies that are prepared to take large numbers of displaced persons

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Public opinion best for me [ 3 Answers ]

Just recently released from prison (25 years).want to drive truck, need training, help obtaining employment, who best fit to help? Want a job, but not at the luxury of the company screwing me over in a contract. Plus, want to be home regularly, nightly, been a way from loved ones for to long.

What is your opinion of PDA (Public Display of Affection)? [ 13 Answers ]

What is your opinion of PDA (Public Display of Affection)? My girlfriend hates when I wrap my arm around her waist in public. She thinks it's PDA. What do you think? Am I wrong, or is she? We both are well educated, mature and, working. I never kiss her on her lips in public. I will never be...

What is your opinion about lend america [ 3 Answers ]

I would like some information about lend america. I have heard some bad news and good news.

Public opinion polls [ 3 Answers ]

Based on public opinion polls it would appear that a majority of American A. can understand government if they try b. have never been asked about their ability to understand government c. find government easy to understand d. find government complicated and fell inadequate to understand it

Government Influence on Public Opinion? [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone help me out -- I need to do a position paper on the following question: To what extent should governments attempt to influence public opinion. I need examples too please. Thanks

View more questions Search