Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2014, 01:40 PM
    Yes Tom lovely people and you cannot wonder at the reaction of the cops in their community what would happen if the chant were reversed and the police marched chanting, but they wouldn't do that because they are not allowed to be a mindless mob. Best thing you can do is throw open your borders to hispancis so they will dilute the influence of blacks in your population, breed them out is a strategy
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2014, 07:11 AM
    Hope the emperor ,Eric Holder ,and Sandanista Bill de Blasio are happy .

Officers Rafael Ramos, Wenjian Liu Shot Execution-Style In Brooklyn « CBS New York

Yes that's right ,they helped stoke the fire ;especially de Blasio with his irresponsible rhetoric .
    NYC Mayor de Blasio Criticized After Cop Killings - ABC News
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 07:30 AM
    A nut did his dirt, and cops added to the outrage by making this about politics? That's both stupid, and irresponsible.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 07:55 AM
    Its like you and Clete always say, when will good Muslims stand against the bad ones? Well when will good cops stand against the bad ones who make them look bad?
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2014, 07:56 AM
    it was de Blasio ,outrageously catering to the mob mentality who was stupid and irresponsible .
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 08:17 AM
    The guy who killed two cops had nothing to do with the protesters. Nor did the protestors have a darned thing to do with cops getting assassinated by a but job, criminal. To blame the mayor for the actions of a nut job criminal is insane politics and disgusting.

The issue is holding bad cops accountable. That's what the protests are about!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 09:05 AM
    The issue is holding bad cops accountable.
    You're absolutely right on that one. The confusion seems to be which cops are bad. Darren Wilson and Daniel Pantaleo don't seem to be but Timothy Loehmann seems to fit the bill, as well as the Costa Mesa Police Union.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 09:13 AM
    Once we get past the soaring rhetoric, the bad politics, and the intense feelings maybe we can look at the unbiased FACTS, and do something constructive, and productive, that we can all benefit from.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2014, 11:07 AM
    The issue is holding bad cops accountable. That's what the protests are about!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8
    Bill De Blasio Explains Why His Son Needs To Be Careful Around Cops
    Cops hit out at Bill de Blasio after mayor describes 'attack on officers at protests' | Daily Mail Online
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 11:27 AM
    Nitpicking. You know as well as I do that this only part of the story. The so called unions don't even acknowledge that there are bad cops who do bad things.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2014, 12:09 PM
    de Blasio should just admit he was wrong in putting too much emphasis on police conduct, as opposed to violent crime.Even better ,he should just resign and go try to become mayor of Managua.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 01:58 PM
    Police conduct is what the protest are all about all over the country. You mean we can't deal with violent crime AND bad cops? I think we should at least try. Stop defending bad cops, that are killing innocent people.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2014, 02:04 PM
    It starts to get bad when citizens start killing cops in the name of protection or civil rights. But a population frustrated with bad court decisions shouldn't take viligante action and in the interests of clarity, this comes down to easy access to guns in the community. The gun makes people feel empowered to take the law into their own hands. This is the wrong form of empowerment
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    The gun makes people feel empowered to take the law into their own hands.
    Strange. The only guns on the news in Ferguson were in the hands of citizens protecting businesses from looters. Didn't hear about any at the New York protests, either.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    It starts to get bad when citizens start killing cops in the name of protection or civil rights.
    What part of criminal nut jobs are you not getting? Shame you don't know a criminal from a citizen!

But a population frustrated with bad court decisions shouldn't take viligante action
    What part of the right to protest injustice is it you don't understand? Too bad you don't know the difference between the right to protest, and those that take the law in their own hands.

and in the interests of clarity, this comes down to easy access to guns in the community.
    Its not good citizen you have to worry about, its criminal nut jobs and bad cops. I know, hard to tell them apart!

[/QUOTE]The gun makes people feel empowered to take the law into their own hands. This is the wrong form of empowerment[/QUOTE]

Disarm the criminal nut jobs, and bad cops! (personal attack deleted)
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2014, 05:35 PM
    Disarm the criminal nut jobs, and bad cops!
    when have I suggested you shouldn't do that? You see confused between the boundries of legal and illegal. It is not legal to burn buildings down in protest. It is not legal for cops to indiscriminately kill. It is not legal to incite riot, that is not free speech or protest. It is not legal to kill cops. You see tal when the problem becomes you don't know who is standing beside you or whether they are a nut job with a gun, you start by removing the guns, the nut jobs will mainfest. Police have a hard job and they make mistakes they should be both supported and accountable.

You have a bad situation take the accountability to where it belongs, the legislature and change bad politicians and bad laws. You don't need new laws to do this, you don't need guns to do this, what you need is peaceful citizens standing up, unarmed so that they provide no excuse for violence
    Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 05:50 PM
    peaceful citizens standing up, unarmed so that they provide no excuse for violence
    That's what peaceful protests are about. Unfortunately a few bad apples, both among protesters and cops get unruly, or over aggressive. It only takes a small number to make a minority look bad. And we aren't talking about new laws, just modifying old ones. Basically WHO applies them.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2014, 07:43 PM
    WHO? You have a police force, in fact many police forces, you have security services, you have courts, if these aren't enough to enforce laws. Perhaps what you need to consider is that you have too many layers of law enforcement, so that they are not all playing by the same playbook. I know it's a radical idea to you but do you really need local law enforcment and state police? Do you need homeland security and multiple layers of security forces? If the answer is corruption then you really need to deal with that
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2014, 04:36 AM
    Police conduct is what the protest are all about all over the country. You mean we can't deal with violent crime AND bad cops? I think we should at least try. Stop defending bad cops, that are killing innocent people.
    Bunk ! They aren't protesting the conduct of a couple bad cops . They are defacto making the charge that it is a systemic problem . Sharpton ,DeBlasio the emperor and Holder have inflamed the situation with their rhetoric so now it's open season on cops . You had protesters in NYC chanting that they want cops dead . You had protestors in NYC mug cops on the Brooklyn Bridge. We have in the last few days had 3 cops shot execution style . Their blood is on the agitators I mentioned .

I don't know why you have such a hard time grasping this ;especially in the case of Sharpton who has a history of inciting riots. This is nothing new for him. He also incited the Crown Heights riots 1991 . The day before the riots began Sharpton said "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".1995 he incited a massacre at Freddie's Fashion Mart. Of course now he is back peddling after the killings and posturing that he has only called for 'peaceful protest' . But his rhetoric has said something else.

So ok ,Sharpton is not an elected official .But he has held court in the White House and in City Hall. So yeah he is culpable .
    But what about the emperor ,Holder ,and DeBlasio ? Instead of putting a lid on tensions ,they have helped inflame them. They helped raise racial tensions and hatred for police in Ferguson, St. Louis, and eventually nationwide. When a grand jury declined to indict the police officer who shot Michael Brown in self defense , rioting commenced and they did not try to stop the riots. The police and National Guard were directed to stand back while anarchists and looters destroyed Ferguson.
    Now of course he will swiftly change his rhetoric like he did when he claimed the the police acted 'stupidly ' in the arrest of Henry Loius Gates ;calling his stupid comments a 'teachable moment '. Maybe he now sees what his stupid inflamatory comments have wrought and he can chalk it off as another 'teachable moment'.

Here in NY de Blasio characterized his own police as racists and bullies who need to be reigned in and retrained. These murders are a predictable outcome of the divisive anti-cop rhetoric of de Blasio. Right after the Grand Jury decision deBlasio got on the podium and said that his wife and teenage son are not "safe from the very people they want to have faith in as their protectors." What kind of message does that send ? Was he talking about a couple of bad cops then ;or was he indicting the whole force ?
    He also should've been more forceful in policing the so called 'peaceful protests' here in NY . They marched without permits pretty much going wherever they wanted ,blocking major roads and bridges ,trespassing and disrupting the lawful commerce of business that had absolutely nothing to do with the incidents involved . It was OWS nonsense all over again.
    Expert

Dec 22, 2014, 08:09 AM
    Nice rant Tom, but we have enough factual evidence to prove bad policing policy, and actions that have tragic results, on tape even, and they call reverend Al to bring them to light. Of course you wish he would stop so this practice can be swept under the rug, and covered up, but obviously there are citizens who ain't going for that crap and I find it amazing you defend armed citizens who rally around a farmer who lost in COURT, and dismiss the millions of UNARMED citizens exercising their RIGHTS to protest.

You take the word of those bad cops, "Nothing to see here, move along", and others who don't will demand justice be served and a fair investigation that brings about change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Public opinion best for me [ 3 Answers ]

Just recently released from prison (25 years).want to drive truck, need training, help obtaining employment, who best fit to help? Want a job, but not at the luxury of the company screwing me over in a contract. Plus, want to be home regularly, nightly, been a way from loved ones for to long.

What is your opinion of PDA (Public Display of Affection)? [ 13 Answers ]

What is your opinion of PDA (Public Display of Affection)? My girlfriend hates when I wrap my arm around her waist in public. She thinks it's PDA. What do you think? Am I wrong, or is she? We both are well educated, mature and, working. I never kiss her on her lips in public. I will never be...

What is your opinion about lend america [ 3 Answers ]

I would like some information about lend america. I have heard some bad news and good news.

Public opinion polls [ 3 Answers ]

Based on public opinion polls it would appear that a majority of American A. can understand government if they try b. have never been asked about their ability to understand government c. find government easy to understand d. find government complicated and fell inadequate to understand it

Government Influence on Public Opinion? [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone help me out -- I need to do a position paper on the following question: To what extent should governments attempt to influence public opinion. I need examples too please. Thanks

View more questions Search