Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R31211 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2014, 04:46 PM
    Immigration reform question.
    Short and straightforward -

Obama is letting over 4 million undocumented people stay in the U.S.
    Of course, I know there are some requirements - one having to prove you've been here for 5 yrs.

So, if someone who has been here longer than 5 years and has come across going to jail at some point in their life, will they be considered a criminal or will not matter considering that it's happened over more than a decade?

Im asking because I got asked this question, and I don't want to give wrong info.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 26, 2014, 01:02 PM
    ... will they be considered a criminal or will [it] not matter ...? ...
    Depends. Are they Democrats?
    R31211 Posts: 82, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2014, 02:01 PM
    Correct.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 27, 2014, 03:00 PM
    '..will they be considered a criminal or will not matter considering that it's happened over more than a decade?'

They committed crimes over and over for more than a decade? That's how you wrote it. Do you mean over a decade ago?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Dec 4, 2014, 02:10 PM
    For the previous DACA filings, it depends on the nature and offense level of the crime.
    amevr1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2014, 03:14 AM
    Am I right when I say that this reform is for the people that are already here, and got her by illegal means. It no way will help the people that are married to foreigners and have been trying to get there spouses to the United states for years? Meaning extremely productive people that don't live on the state, but instead pay taxes and their own way, but are forced to live without their forieng spouse because of the immigration is so difficult. I guess I would like to understand the purpose of the reform if it means it is only meant for certain countries and people who are here illegally to begin with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration reform [ 24 Answers ]

I husband over stayed his visa and went back to Mexico in 2008 which I'm told gave him a 10 year bar. In 2010 crossed the border with his 5 or 6 times until one day stopped and immigration canceled his visa. I'm now told this action gave him a permanent bar. If he is to cross the border illegally...

2013 immigration reform [ 7 Answers ]

I lived for 11 and a half years in US and I returned to brazil in 08/2012. I paid my taxes all this years, and I have a 9 Years old doughter who was born in US. Will I qualify for the 2013 immigration reform?

Comprehensive Immigration reform [ 16 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing KNOWS it LOST the Hispanic vote, so they SAY they want to mellow their positions.. Now they want COMPREHENSIVE immigration reform. But, I don't know what that means... Is it the same old policy with a new name? Have you relented on your pledge to throw 12 million people...

Immigration reform is next. [ 21 Answers ]

Hello smoothy: Couple things: If your family was starving, and YOU were unable to provide for them, and you saw a help wanted sign, but it was on the other side of a line that you're not supposed to cross, would you cross it anyway, go to work and send money to your family? Of course, you...

View more questions Search