Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2014, 07:31 AM
    Microwave Oven Keypad
    Most of the microwaves have a grill on the top with screws to access
    The control panel. On Samsung counter top microwave oven model MW1150WA
    There are no screws. Every once in a while the keypad shuts down. The inside light
    Works. After sitting awhile it starts working again. Look at the picture. How do you access
    The control pad for cleaning?
    Attached Images

hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 25, 2014, 07:36 AM
    Open door and look for screws. Are there any screws under the bottom of the control panel?
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2014, 08:46 AM
    No screws inside the door. The bottom has tabs that seem to fit into slots?
    Do you think it just pry off?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 25, 2014, 02:35 PM
    I doubt it. I just looked at mine. Different but similar in appearance. There are two screws that attach the bottom to the bottom of the key pad. Look under the bottom again.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2014, 02:40 PM
    Okay. Maybe the whole cover comes off
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 25, 2014, 07:46 PM
    You can't clean those kiey pads, they are sealed micro switches. Yours should be replaced. If the unit is more than 5 years old consider buying a new one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microwave oven [ 11 Answers ]

Can you tell me approximately how many amps a small microwave oven uses. I rent and my house has 15 amp circuits and my microwave keep tripping the circuit. My landlady told me my microwave uses too many amps. Can that be? Thanks so much for your help

How to install over oven microwave [ 0 Answers ]

How much room is needed between micowave oven and reg oven? Will the steam from the food you cook mess up the sensors for the buttons on microwave? My microwave is installed and I have 20 in between the bottom of microwave and oven. Thanks.

Power for microwave over oven [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking to buy a microwave for over my gas oven. The oven has a hood with a fan and a light (so there is a power source). When I asked about plugging in the microwave, the salesperson said that there may be an outlet in the cabinet that is above the hood - there is not. But because there is a...

Microwave oven installing [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to install an above stove microwave oven I have no manuals for this maytag oven #mmv4205aaw thanks

Microwave oven [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore built in microwave just stopped working. Nothing works, no lights sounds or keypad response. There is power to the outlet but nothing to the microwave. I've heard there is a fuse that might be blown but don't see anyway to access the inside of the unit without taking it off the wall....

View more questions Search