Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistina1999 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Possible fraud
    My husband has a 14 year old daughter and while picking her up one day noticed some mail in her name. His ex-wife has used his SS# before and after seeing the mail he is wondering if she has started using his daughters as well. Is there a way we can check to make sure her report is clear?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Yes as the father run a credit report on the daughter it should show inquireis and open accounts
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 8, 2007, 08:10 PM
    A better question is what are you going to do if there is.
    mistina1999 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Thank you for the reply! If she has done something we are prepared to call the cops. She has completely ruined my husbands credit by putting things like cell phones in his name and he was nice and just paid it. This time though, she's messing with their daughters future and we are not going to stand for it.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 8, 2007, 10:28 PM
    Well, a minor can't be held to a contract. So it is double fraud, and the co. will sue to recover. If it turns out don't call the police yourself the bank will do it for you and then your hands are clean.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 07:20 AM
    When my husband and I were dating, he had some credit issues due to a similar situation. His ex-girlfriend had used his SS# to open all of these accounts in his name and then didn't pay. Most of the creditors asked that he sign an affidavit saying that this was a fraudulent account and it was taken off his credit. There was one account, however, that would not be so kind. In order for him to get this removed he had to go to the police station and file a report. Once that was done, he had to send the police report to this creditor and then they removed it.
    If this is a common occurrence - I think you can have a fraud alert added to your credit report.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fraud [ 3 Answers ]

My husband left me 3 days after getting his green card in the mail. I now know he married me for the green card only. He was in jail for 6 months for fraud, how do I get his green card revoked? Thanks Anthoula

Marriage Fraud [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a conversation with a guy that plans to marry an illegal girl from Peru just so she can get a green card. He claims he's doing it this just to help her. He plans on marrying her over there in peru and then come back by himself and that's it for him everything's done and good. My...

Could this be fraud? [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend married a woman from Ghana in November of 2002. After getting married in the state of Florida the couple purchased a home in NC. The husband sent for her 3 kids in Ghana and they all lived as one happy family until two months ago when he returned home from work to find his wife, the...

Fraud by any other name [ 3 Answers ]

I am not asking a question here, but sharing a news article in today's "Bismarck Tribune". Just when you wonder how low someone can go, someone finds out how. Alleged surrogate scam leads to felony charge

View more questions Search