Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ed61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2014, 12:58 PM
    Panasonic TV troubleshooting
    Power went off during viewing. Nothing happens when manually using power button. Model # TH42PX60U. Could this also be a fuse issue?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2014, 10:55 AM
    It could be a fuse on the power board, as there are 2 or 3 likely on this model. If you want to inspect the fuses, I'd advise to do so only if you are comfortable opening up and repairing electronics, have a basic understanding of how plasma TV's work, and follow certain safety precautions such as unplugging and draining the power within the system.

If it is a fuse, replacing may not fix it or just cause the problem to reoccur, as typically fuses only blow when there is a short or over amperage drawn.

Some other troubleshooting tips, try unplugging the TV for half an hour or more and then replugging the TV in. Check to see if it powers on. Is there a click sound when you press the power button on the TV? Does the power indicator light turn orange, green, or blink? Can you hear any audio from the TV set at all?

Post back with your results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panasonic TV troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

My Panasonic TV,2012,plasma,has no sound and no picture.I had this problem a few months ago.cost me 350. to fix it with only a 30 day guarrentey.now its doing the same thing again.if it is only the fuse,can you tell me how and where to find the fuse?I can't afford to fet it fixed again as I am on a...

Panasonic TV troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

Lost remote for Model # TH-50POX60U Plasma TV. Have universal control, but trying to get to SD setting, can't reach it by universal control. Any other way to do this or another universal control that works. Don't want to buy new remote for $60.00 from Panasonic. Thanks !

Tv troubleshooting panasonic? [ 1 Answers ]

The picture on my screen has developed yellowing on the bottom half of the screen. The TV is a Panasonic PT-50LC14. Any suggestions.

Old panasonic TV troubleshooting? [ 2 Answers ]

It does not change to channels more than channel 32

Old panasonic TV troubleshooting? [ 0 Answers ]

It does not change to channels more than channel 32

View more questions Search