Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elsiemacarthur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2014, 12:08 AM
    An ex boyfriend is claiming he is the biological father and has made false accusation
    I am a single mother who thought my boyfriend was the father of my child. Now another ex has surfaced claiming he is the father and has asked the court for custody of my child. He has a restraining order and has made countless false allegations against me. He has had no contact with my child except for a few meetings to threaten me and accuse me of not letting him see the child. I did see a lawyer who filed papers requiring him to have supervised visits which he has not followed through with. Now he is suing for custody? What should I do?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2014, 12:13 AM
    You go through with the DNA test to hopefully prove he is not the father. If he is not then he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2014, 04:29 AM
    Why are you (and a lawyer for sure) agreeing to supervised or any visits, without a DNA test.

You require a DNA test to prove who the father is, Start with the boyfriend you think it is, and see if he is really the father, that would shut down any court action

But respond to his court request with a request for court ordered DNA test.

Next, for him to get custody, he will have to prove you an unfit mother, with proof in court, not claims that can not be proved
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 21, 2014, 02:17 PM
    ... I did see a lawyer who filed papers requiring him to have supervised visits which he has not followed through with. ...
    The papers wouldn't require him to have visitation, supervised or otherwise. They would allow visitation.

And if he can establish paternity, he should be required to pay you child support.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2014, 05:24 PM
    I think she meant supervision is required. Did you do a DNA test?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False accusation [ 8 Answers ]

I was recently accused of kidnapping an exgirl friends child. She followed me to my apartment complex and called the police stating I had her son in the trunk of my car. I had no idea what was going on. I followed up with the police department the next day. They had not heard from the person. The...

False accusation? Or false allegation? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my wife are going through divorce proceedings and things have not exactly been rosey! Her latest supprise was to ring the police this morning to report me for "pushing her over" now obviousley this is classed as assault and I know this But after 8 hours in a cell I was released and...

False accusation. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok back in August me and my husband were attacked by my neighbors it was a huge fight 2 against 10 ridiculous.. but my concern is that my husband later that night went to help a neighbor to install a radio in his car in our back parking lot and 2 of the guys that we had fought with earlier tried to...

False accusation's [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was recently preganant and I said some things to her that hurt her feeling and return she said I slept withher cps got onvolved the cops you name they were involved I got charge with agg sexual assault of a child but I'm a single parent and my daughter knew what she was saying was lie...

False accusation/background check [ 1 Answers ]

If someone makes a false accusation against you, and you are not charged, will it show up on a background check for employment in Canada?

View more questions Search