Transformer hums is this normal0
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2014, 07:31 PM
    Not "normal" but not unusual either.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2014, 07:54 PM
    A transformer works by inductance and a hum is not uncommon. Listen near a power substation, lots of humming. Might be a loose screw or connector too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beacon morris garage heater troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a 7500 BTU beacan morris heater and it will not shut off. I have had it for two years now. I bought a new thermostat thinking that was the problem but I was wrong. What could it be?

Beacon morris garage heater? [ 1 Answers ]

I hooked up a 75,000 BTU heater in my garage last weekend and at first everything worked fine. Later, I heard the heater running, even though the thermostat was in the off position. I called Honeywell and we concluded the thermostat was bad. Got a new one, installed it, and everything was fine...

Beacon Morris Garage Heater Troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

Very heat at all setting

Beacon morris garage heater? [ 5 Answers ]

After just one winter of use my heater quit working when it calls for gas, gas came on but it would not ignite so I replaced the igniter, still did not work so I called a repair man he told me that the control board was bad so now I have a heater that is two years old that I paid approx 650 dollars...

Hooking up a Beacon Morris garage heater [ 16 Answers ]

Hello I just purchased a Beacon Morris garage heater. It is a BRU-75. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could purchase a thermostat for this particular model. I want to have a switch on the thermostat that will let me shut off the unit when I don't want it to run. I don't want to...

View more questions Search