Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aljjones10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2014, 05:59 PM
    Could she feel pregnancy symptoms already?
    . My girlfriend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend 17 days ago. On the very next day she stated she was having symptoms of pregnancy. Every since that day she has complained of lower pain, peeing more and other pregnancy symptoms. She does have the injection I'm planted in her arm which has been there for a year since her last pregnancy. She refuses to take a test stating she is scared. My question is can she be really pregnant already and feel symptoms the very next day less than 24 hours after sex?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2014, 06:09 PM
    No, she wouldn't feel symptoms the day after sex. She could, however, be feeling some at this point if she were pregnant. It would be unlikely that she is pregnant having the implant, but it can happen as no form of birth control will be 100% effective.

Being scared isn't going to change whether she is pregnant, and IF she happens to be, she certainly needs to find out. She should see what happens when her next period would be due. If she doesn't want to wait that long, she could ask her doctor about having a blood test done sooner.

What she may be experiencing are symptoms of a bladder infection and that too should get checked by her doctor.

Nov 18, 2014, 06:12 PM
    Her period she stated was due on the 14th of this month but she said it hasn't come yet.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2014, 06:15 PM
    Have her give it a few more days and see if it shows up late, which can sometimes happen. If no period still, then she should try a pregnancy test or see her doctor.

Did she have sex with you, or anyone else, prior to the sex with her ex 17 days ago?

Nov 18, 2014, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aljjones10 View Post
    Her period she stated was due on the 14th of this month but she said it hasn't come yet.
    She has sex with someone at the end of August or beginning of September. She said the condom slipped off by accident.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 19, 2014, 09:45 AM
    All her symptoms can be explained by other means. When was her last menstrual period? Was it the 14th-ish of October?

She needs to wait about 10 days and take a pregnancy test if she doesn't get her period. It could be stress that's delaying it, or it could be pregnancy. If it is pregnancy it would be almost impossible to tell who the father is.

Nov 19, 2014, 12:01 PM
    Yes it was about the 14th of October. I appreciate your response and thanks for the information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 missed periods negative pregnancy tests blood and urine symptoms of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my last period was on Sept. 15, 2009. It is now December 18, 2009 and I have missed my last 3 periods. I have gone for blood tests and urine tests for pregnancy and every single one has come back negative. I'm so confused! I mean I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, nausea,...

2 days late & my cycle symptoms are also symptoms of pregnancy... should I be worried? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend & I were messing around & now I'm two days late. I usually have discharge before my period & right now it appears to be the same. I have my usual symptoms before my cycle but they are also symptoms of pregnancy. Should I be worried & take a pregnancy test or should I wait a little to...

2 months late menstrual 6 negative pregnancy test and no symptoms feel? [ 12 Answers ]

I'am 2 months late menstrual 6 negative pregnancy test and no symptoms feel? But I didn't yet go to the doctor for the check up.. because I'am afraid. And one thing more I don't like yet to become pregnant.

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Regular cycle, 2 negative test but feel all pregnancy symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have never used this site before but I am open to all suggestions. OKAY, I was pregnant once and I am now 28, I had a miscarriage and later on found out that I needed to have a myomectomy in order to successfully get pregnant.It's now been 13 months since the surgery and I started having...

View more questions Search