Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csigsrfan Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2014, 10:10 PM
    What is a way to make money at home with little to no skills
    Before anyone says find a real job I have tried for the last 10 years to find a real job. And have found nothing. I have recently hurt my hip and it makes it painful to stand and I was turned away from a job for saying that. So I am looking for something at home and that can be done without time limits like 8 am to 5 pm
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 16, 2014, 10:29 PM
    Your best bet is to learn to sell on ebay...other than that, there are no jobs online that can be done with no skill set.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2014, 10:31 PM
    Honestly, NO

If you have money to invest, perhaps trying to sell some things on eBay, but that is not always easy.

If you were a web site designer, but you said no skills.

Nov 16, 2014, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Your best bet is to learn to sell on ebay...other than that, there are no jobs online that can be done with no skill set.
    I have nothing to sell on eBay
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 16, 2014, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by csigsrfan View Post
    I have nothing to sell on eBay
    You asked, I told you. The truth is, about 99% of the online jobs you may find will be some sort of scam...the other 1% will not pay anything worthwhile. The majority of real online jobs are simply jobs that someone got in person and they are allowed to work from home or it is someone that started a website and sells things from it. Unfortunately, you need skills to do these things. Selling on ebay is one of the more simple ways to make money online but you have to put work into it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2014, 08:02 AM
    I hate to tell you, if you can't find ANY job... even an entry level job anywhere for 10 years... your prospects of making money online are essentially zero. It's a LOT easier to get a real job than it is to make money online. I've had good jobs, REALLY good jobs... I've also created and ran a VERY successful online website (based on popularity and Google results, but it never paid for itself much less earned me anything.). Yet I could not manage to turn a profit online, or even make enough to pay for the cost of the website.

It sounds a whole lot easier than it is... and even WITH skills its not easy. In fact even with skills you might not even be able to do it.

You mean to say you can't even get an entry level job?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2014, 08:48 AM
    You make a lot of posts where you are always lacking funds- sheets, dogs, Christmas ornaments, stoves that don't work etc. You need some money to get started. We try to help you but you always raise objections to whatever is answered. There is no free money! I go to Garage sales and Goodwill and then repost on E-bay. Bought a very old Duck call that Goodwill thought was a kids whistle. Paid $1 sold for $29.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 17, 2014, 08:56 AM
    All your posts have had practically no details to make it easier to answer. Then you claim to be dumb (you can't use the internet and be dumb, sorry) and want your account closed or you yell at people here. You won't even bring your dog in during the winter, or for a bath, saying he's an outside dog! POOR DOG

I gave you good advice for craigslist and you just got all bent out of shape, never really giving us a clue what you had to sell other than ornaments, which can be valuable or worthless, DEPENDING.

The ONLY way you can make money online is by SELLING! There are a few skilled jobs people do at home, such as medical transcription, but only after a period of proving yourself on the job.

I sell on ebay and have made good money, but I was selling my stuff, my parents stuff after they died, and stuff for other people. It took me WEEKS to learn it, and I lost money at first. It's a never ending lesson because they keep changing rules and the market keeps changing, as well as postage prices and regulations.

If you would be more helpful by spending 3 extra minutes explaining more about each of your questions, people here would be GLAD to help you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 09:14 AM
    You have been given such good advice on all of your posts, yet you seem to find fault with everyone who tries to help. There is always a negative, or a reason why our advice doesn't help. I don't know if you are male or female, young or old. If you are here for advice, you need to stop turning down every suggestion.

As for your dog. You need to surrender it. You have no money or transportation. You leave it outside in the winter to get attacked by a shrunk (your word not mine). You are a negligent pet owner and that dog deserves a better life.

You cannot afford a $10 set of bedsheets. I don't know how you think you can afford a dog. Dog food is not cheap, nor are vet bills.

You have been given excellent advice by several members in regards to your selling of Christmas ornaments, repair of your stove, etc. ad nauseum.

No, you cannot make money via the internet without "skills." Many people do make money working at home, but they are trained in transcription, whether it be legal or medical (a dying breed), or medical billing, for example.

Our issues arise in that, not only are you derogatory to the people who try to help you, but you are also very cryptic and don't provide very much information for us to go on. It's becoming a cat and mouse game, and it is getting very frustrating.

With all of that said. It is necessary to know if you are male or female. What skills DO you possess? What is your education level? What is your age? Aside from the hip issue, do you have any handicaps?

We can't help you unless you are willing to let us help you. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Nov 17, 2014, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I hate to tell you, if you can't find ANY job... even an entry level job anywhere for 10 years... your prospects of making money online are essentially zero. It's a LOT easier to get a real job than it is to make money online. I've had good jobs, REALLY good jobs... I've also created and ran a VERY successful online website (based on popularity and Google results, but it never paid for itself much less earned me anything.). Yet I could not manage to turn a profit online, or even make enough to pay for the cost of the website.

It sounds a whole lot easier than it is... and even WITH skills its not easy. In fact even with skills you might not even be able to do it.

You mean to say you can't even get an entry level job?
    No one will hire me
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 07:55 PM
    No one will hire me
    Is your resume in good shape?

Could you work at a sitting-down job?

Nov 17, 2014, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Is your resume in good shape?

Could you work at a sitting-down job?
    I do not have a resume as I have never had a job. I can but not for 8 hours
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2014, 08:04 PM
    No one will hire me
    WHY, won't anyone hire you? There is ALWAYS a reason. If you can't get a job for 10 straight years, SOMEONE will have told you why you can't even get an entry level job. They hire people with NO job skills and NO experience for those. You don't get hired with no experience or skills directly into a $100K a year job, ever, anyplace.

Nov 17, 2014, 08:09 PM
    WHY, won't anyone hire you? There is ALWAYS a reason. If you can't get a job for 10 straight years, SOMEONE will have told you why you can't even get an entry level job. They hire people with NO job skills and NO experience for those. You don't get hired with no experience or skills directly into a $100K a year job, ever, anyplace.
    Never get interviews or you are not what we are looking for
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2014, 08:19 PM
    Never get interviews or you are not what we are looking for
    Why do I find that extremely hard to believe. And I've been on this earth for 53 years and I've seen a lot. Unless you show up dressing and acting like a street thug instead of a normal human, or showing up not having washed in several weeks with filthy clothes. THe standards for entry level jobs are usually extremely low. You have to be breathing. and show up on time...and do the most simple of tasks, which they will show you how to do.

Nov 17, 2014, 08:21 PM
    Why do I find that extremely hard to believe. And I've been on this earth for 53 years and I've seen a lot. Unless you show up dressed like a street thug instead of a normal human.
    No interviews
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2014, 08:30 PM
    I edited my post apparently while you were responding. Please read it again... anyone who can't get even an entry level job in 4 months looking much less 10 years... has to be doing a lot of things extremely wrong. Everyone might not tell you what it was but in 10 years you had to have had dozens tell you statistically. That is if you really were making much of an effort at all during all that time. If you really cared you would be making at least 8-10 applications every week at different places... not all will give you an interview... but SOME will, and even if you really blow it some of them will tell you why.

People with severe learning disabilities can find jobs. Handicapped people find jobs all the time. And its obvious you aren't a blind quadriplegic... or you would have a really good excuse. Illegals manage to find jobs really easy without even speaking the language.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2014, 08:33 PM
    I do not have a resume as I have never had a job. I can but not for 8 hours
    Then, it's time you put together a resume.

Can you move around a bit? Stand, then sit for a while?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Make enough money to stay at home [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to have a job that would make enough for my bills but still be able to stay at home with my children?

What are some ways you make money from home? [ 6 Answers ]

I started my own homebased business a year and a half ago and I've had really great success with it. I would love to hear how others are SUCCESSFULLY making money in a home-based business. Thanks and have a great day!!

View more questions Search