Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csigsrfan Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2014, 06:54 PM
    Is there anything I need to clean before installing new ink on an HP Deskjet 3910?
    I have a printer(please do not say it is cheaper to buy a new one as the one I have will work for what I need and I have a newer printer just letting someone borrow it) that has not been used in at least 8 years. When I plugged it into a computer with old ink in it it did shoot out the paper when I hit print.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 16, 2014, 04:52 AM
    No, nothing to clean.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 16, 2014, 06:20 AM
    After 8 years of storage it is likely that the rubber paper feeders have perished and need replacing.

Often it is cheaper to buy a complete replacement than an expensive maintenance kit that may not resolve the underlying problems.
    csigsrfan Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2014, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    After 8 years of storage it is likely that the rubber paper feeders have perished and need replacing.

Often it is cheaper to buy a complete replacement than an expensive maintenance kit that may not resolve the underlying problems.
    It "printed" just fine without the ink no hang ups

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to clean ink off a baby dolls face [ 5 Answers ]

I have a baby doll that has ink all over the face. I have tried magic eraser, peroxide, hairspray and goof off

Installing sewer clean out yourself? Can it be done? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband wants to install our sewer clean out himself. I don't want it to sound like he is not handy, but... Anyway, the sewer repair technician quoted a price of $1300 to do the job. My husband says he can do it himself. He talked to a friend of his that is a plumber who told him what parts...

Installing a clean out [ 6 Answers ]

When installing a clean out in a line from the washer to the main wasteline: should it be facing up or down?

Ink cartridge for HP Deskjet D1320 [ 1 Answers ]

What number cartridge do I use for this type of printer?:confused:

Locating and installing clean out [ 2 Answers ]

I need to locate my main drain so that I can install a clean out. Can you help with how to locate the main drain and then what I need to do to install a clean out?

View more questions Search