Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hgt1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2014, 04:03 PM
    91 harley puking oil
    I just bought a 91 Harley Davidson FLTC Ultra. The engine is pushing oil out the vent tube when I tried to start the engine. Was told by the person I bought it from that it would do that when it sat for long periods but was it had been running it wouldn't do it anymore. Any help would be awsome.
    \
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2014, 04:12 PM
    Sounds like oil is making its way past the valves and blowing out the vent tube. It may help if you can keep the bike vertical. Best solution is an engine rebuild, including piston rings and valves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley Fatbob oil level [ 2 Answers ]

My 2009 Fatbob is making oil, any ideas what can cause this?

Why is there oil in the air intake of Harley Davidson [ 1 Answers ]

I own since new a 1992 FXRS with Evoulution engine. It has only 14,000 miles. Recently, oil is coming from the crank case breather tube into the air filter in enough quantity to drip out of the filter housing after a run. There are no other signs of a problem that I have seen. Performance seems...

Why is there oil in the air intake of Harley Davidson [ 0 Answers ]

I own since new a 1992 FXRS with Evoulution engine. It has only 14,000 miles. Recently, oil is coming from the crank case breather tube into the air filter in enough quantity to drip out of the filter housing after a run. There are no other signs of a problem that I have seen. Performance seems...

Harley shoots out oil [ 3 Answers ]

My Harley-Davidson shoots oil out of the breather valve tube out the bottom end when I crank it after it has set for a couple weeks. I have one that does this and one that doesn't. Why does it do this?

View more questions Search