Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 5, 2014, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Well, I disagree, As a leaseholder, the law allows you evict YOUR tenant. And I think this guy is YOUR tenant. maybe you didn't explain the situation to her properly. But here's the rub. Since she will be hearing the eviction case, if she does not want to allow it then she can, forcing you to appeal to a higher court.

So I would consult an attorney and find out what law or precedent does not allow you to evict YOUR tenant. Then you can research whether that law or precedent applies and show her that she is wrong as to the law.
    I completely agree with ScottGem. Of course it depends upon the specific law in Pennsylvania, but I too suspect that the magistrate doesn't accurately understand the situation. Now's the time to get an attorney (perhaps an attorney better versed in the subject if the attorney you talked to also things you are "screwed" regarding your right to evict a sub-tenant; you are not clear on that point) to accurately explain the situation to the magistrate (or whomever will hear the eviction action).
    976missy Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2014, 11:22 AM
    I would like to also thank everyone who helped, I did indeed contact a Lawyer who stated I have just cause with all the info that I kept records on is by law considered that the occupant is in fact causing me and my family a Public Nuisance and a Private Nuisance and he will be served with a TRO and we will appear in court to show all he has done including the officer who will testify to this. Thank you again and I will never be put in this situation again ever. No more Mrs nice, family comes first for now on.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2014, 12:34 PM
    Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can tenant evict occupant [ 1 Answers ]

What are the steps for the tenant to evict an occupant, whether they pay rent or not?

Can a apartment leasee evict an occupant only? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a roommate that I no longer want due to finicial issues that she is having. I'm the only one listed as a leasee on the lease, my roommate is listed as occupant only. I'm hoping that I will be able to stay in the apartment and have her move out. So far I haven't tried anything things...

How Can I Evict Someone Living in My apt; their name on lease as occupant? [ 4 Answers ]

Girlfriend and children living with me; relationship combative.

Tennate trying to Evict Occupant.Can They? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm listed on the lease agreement as an Occupant. Now the person on the lease says they want me out. Since my name is listed on the Lease as an occupant I feel I have legal rights to stay but don't know to what extent. I've searched for answers because I know this person will need "proof" that I am...

Can a tenant evict an occupant? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I as a tenant, (only my name is on the lease) evict someone living in my house who is only listed as an occupant?

View more questions Search