Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nina22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Convertible Bonds and Stock Warrants
    I need help with a homwork problem on convertible bonds and stock warrants. I need to present the entries required to record the bond transactions.
    On Aug 1st 2004, Ryan Corp called its 10% convertible bonds for conversion. The 6,000,000 par bonds were converted into 240,000 shares of 20 par common stock. On Aug 1st there was 525,000 of umamoritzed premium applicable to the bonds. The fair market value of the common stock was $20 per share. Ignore all interest payments.
    Can anyone help me?
    santys72 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Using the Book Value Method:

Dr: Bonds Payable $6,000,000
    DR: Discount $525,000
    Cr: Common Stock $4,800,000
    Cr: APIC $1,725,000

You have to eliminate the bonds and unamortized premium still outstanding. Then credit common Stock (par) for stcok acquired. The difference plug in as Additional Paid in Capital

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Absorption Costing - Opening stock and closing stock query? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I have an absorption costing query on the profit statement, here are the notes: Selling price per unit = £20 Sales for year 1 = 10,000 Production = 20,000 Production Cost Per Unit = £10 YEAR ONE

Journal entires for bonds and computing interest on bonds [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time understanding bonds. Here is a question that stumps me: Record the sale of $4 million of 10 year, 6% corporate bonds priced at 104 plus two months accrued interest. If interest payments are semiannual, and the interest expense account was debited for $53,600 when...

Dui and warrants [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My friend just got stopped for something else minor and he had 1 warrant and 2 in another state for dui... and I was wondering how much time he would have to do in jail. I was told by a judge that I have to stay away from him and can not write or talk to him or I would get arrested.. we...

Warrants? [ 5 Answers ]

How Do I Find Out If I Got Em?? And if I'm 17 when do they go away if I do have them??

View more questions Search