Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piperfan28 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2005, 12:47 PM
    Cat anyone?
    Hey,

I live on a farm and I have four outdoor female cats. I feed them well and they are all healthy, but one of them doesn't enjoy her life as an outdoor kitty. Her name is Jynx and she is an all black cat with beautiful yellow eyes. I know this isn't really a question that someone can answer, I'm just wondering if anyone in the Durham or Toronto area of ontario would like a nice little cat. She is about 6 months old, has had her shots and has been de-wormed. She's not going to be a very big cat and she is very very friendly. She is free to a good home. If you are interested you can either post here or email me at [email protected]. If anyone has any advice as what I can do to make her happier that would be help too, but I really think she would be happiest as an indoor cat.

Thanks all!
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2005, 10:29 PM
    In your area are there animal shelters that would take this cat? I take it you do not like the cats to be inside with you? Do you have a barn this cat can stay in since you want it out of your house try that and maybe it will work out. Good luck on finding a home also.
    piperfan28 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2005, 11:57 AM
    It's not that I do not like cats inside. I currently have 2 indoor cats and an indoor dog. I love my outdoor cats too, but I 'rescued' them from a dairy farm and this one was brought from a friend. They are in my hay loft above the barn in order to scare the mice away... lol. Every time I open my door Jynx tries to ruin inside and I can't have anymore indoor cats, that's why I want a home for her. I don't want to take her to the shelter because my local shelter does't have a rule protecting against euthinization. That's why I posted here, in hopes that someone out there wants my little black cat.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2005, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by piperfan28
    It's not that I do not like cats inside. I currently have 2 indoor cats and an indoor dog. I love my outdoor cats too, but I 'rescued' them from a dairy farm and this one was brought from a friend. They are in my hay loft above the barn in order to scare the mice away...lol. Everytime I open my door Jynx tries to ruin inside and I can't have anymore indoor cats, thats why i want a home for her. I don't want to take her to the shelter because my local shelter does't have a rule protecting against euthinization. Thats why I posted here, in hopes that someone out there wants my little black cat.
    Maybe someone in your area is planning a trip where they can bring the cat to a shelter that has a no kill policy in place. I know there are a few here in my area where I will adopt my next dog from. Lots of luck to you.
    Karey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2005, 07:47 PM
    I agree with you piperfan about not taking the cat to a shelter... I would take the kitty but we have too many... you should post up pictures of your cat and a message asking if anyone wants a cat around your town. I'm sure there are plenty of young couples looking for a family pet or even just anybody out there looking for a pet. Spread the word! I'm not against shelters or anything I just have never been able to take an animal there. Also I would recommend getting your kitties fixed if you already haven't done so... since we're having a problem with over population of stray cats. ;) winkwink
    Karey Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2005, 07:51 PM
    I would also like to add that if the cat has already gotten its shots and everything you should add it to the message... that way people won't have an excuse (as far as money) to not get it... sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search