Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thinkaboutit Posts: 270, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2014, 12:40 PM
    Do I be a rat?
    I don't know what to do I did some pretty stupid things lately and had to tell me dad. Now he's going to take me to the police station to be charged unless I tell the police everything I know . I don't want to be charged and I think it's really unfair of me dad to put me in this situation. But I don't want to dobb on me friends either. They're me friends they would never talk to me again. Not to sure what to do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 12:52 PM
    Your friends who are selling drugs are putting kids' lives at risk. They are hooking them on illegal substances and messing them up for any kind of worthwhile life. And what if someone dies?

Nov 5, 2014, 01:32 PM
    Of corse I don't want anyone to die! These kids are me friends I don't want them to hate me and not talk to me again its me own fault I told me dad I don't see they should get punished for it. I'm not sure I know it's wrong taking pills and now I'm in a hard situation to get clean but I don't know what to do
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2014, 01:51 PM
    No sympathy - You put yourself in this hard situation. The sooner you realize that the sooner you might wake up and not do that. Life is about learning lessons. Hopefully you learn a lesson here. I would do the same thing your father is doing to make sure you learned that lesson. I always told my two boys stupid people die young. You hang out with the wrong crowd, do the wrong things, get involved with people that are bad, get involved with drugs, expect to die young. That lesson is a tough one, for your family, should that happen. So yes, your dad is doing the right thing.

One more thing to add. God gave you a brain for a reason. Use it. Don't put yourself in a situation where you have to make a decision to be a rat or not be a rat. Just a little thinking before you do something stupid can save you a world of trouble. But again, you have to learn that first.

Nov 5, 2014, 02:20 PM
    I don't want sympathy from anybody, just thought I'd ask whether I should tell on my friends or not. Believe me I have learnt me lesson. I don't think me friends are bad people they are nice to be help me lots. I think it's me responsibility to just take the punishment for having the pills me dad found and get charged. Like you said I didn't use me brains should go got rid of the stuff before me dad came home what did I expect I did just tell him I was taking drugs guess I just didn't want to get rid of them yet, I'm definitely ditching me other stash before he find that to
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2014, 02:38 PM
    Oy vey. How old are you?

"I didn't use me brains should go got rid of the stuff before me dad came home" Noooooo. You don't get it. Using your brain is don't get messed up with drugs to begin with. Using your brain is liking your friends enough that you don't get messed up with drugs in the first place. Using your brain is loving your dad enough and respecting him by not getting mixed up with drugs in the first place.

Life is about choices as well. Bad choices bring bad consequences. Good choices bring about good consequences. And only you controls which one you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    I don't want sympathy from anybody, just thought I'd ask whether I should tell on my friends or not. Believe me I have learnt me lesson. I don't think me friends are bad people they are nice to be help me lots. I think it's me responsibility to just take the punishment for having the pills me dad found and get charged. Like you said I didn't use me brains should go got rid of the stuff before me dad came home what did I expect I did just tell him I was taking drugs guess I just didn't want to get rid of them yet, I'm definitely ditching me other stash before he find that to
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 02:48 PM
    But you aren't the only one they are selling these pills to. Yes, you have to be a rat to stop this, so those other pill-taking kids don't get hurt or die.

Nov 5, 2014, 02:55 PM
    I know what you is saying I should have made the right choices to begin with. Well I'm trying to do that now I know I messed up big time, I made the choice to tell me dad so I could get help, I'm scared of what's going to happen next and I don't want to get anyone else involved by lagging on them but I haven't been making so many good choices latley so don't know what to do. Do I tell so they won't sell anymore stuff to other people but then they will have a criminal record or do I just face the police and get charged myself I hate my dad why couldn't he just help me not make things more worse
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 03:23 PM
    I don't know what would happen to drug dealers (yes, that's what they are) in Australia. How old are they? I'm guessing they are handing out grandma's pills for fun and maybe for profit and spending money without considering consequences. If this is a first offense, they might have to pay a fine and take special drug awareness classes. Their parents/relatives would be told to lock up their prescription medicine.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 03:24 PM
    So, if you don't rat on them and some kid dies, you know you will also be responsible for that death. Right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 06:20 PM
    Of course you tell on them, those type of people are not really your friends, sorry but, if they are, you need to get rid of that type of friends anyway.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2014, 07:03 PM
    Stupid people do time for other people. Don't be one of those stupid people. They would rat you out in an instant if they got a break by doing it.

Also hate to break the news to you sport. But with frioends like those....who needs enemies.

Nov 5, 2014, 07:21 PM
    I wouldn't call them drug dealers, they are 18and 19 so it would stay on their adult record there not bad guys always been nice to me. I think that's a bit harsh how would it be my fault If another kid dies? I don't know why does it have to be up to me, I don't care if I get charged I did the wrong thing.
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2014, 07:24 PM
    You are legally complicit. In fact it could be argued you were aiding and abetting them. You do know the guy setting in the car waiting for everyone gets the death penalty too if someone inside the bank or store kills someone during the robbery. THey didn't have to pull the trigger, they didn't even have to be inside with them.

Even the person that helped them plan the crime can and will be charged even if they weren't there. Because they had knowledge of a crime and did nothing.

Besides they will pile ALL the charges on your they can since you were foolishly so willing to accept full and complete blame for everything. You will likely even get more serious charges adn longer prison time for it.

Nov 5, 2014, 08:21 PM
    Are you for real I just brought the well I didn't even buy it half the time they just gave me the stuff so I know I'll get charged with possession but its not like they can charge me with dealing or supplying what ever they call it. Dam how would that even be fair. I could just tell them I didn't get them off anyone. Seriously they are me friends I don't think they would do it to me, and it wouldn't be me fault if another kid dies if they didn't get it from me friends there are heaps of other places to go so how would it be my fault.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 08:43 PM
    By your other thread I know you are 15. You are at an age where you can easily learn to trust the wrong people. Your dealers/friends are the wrong people. Did you do drugs before you met them?

When you stop being a source of income and after you visit the police (even if you don't tell) they will probably drop your 'friendship' like a hot potato. They are nice to you because they get something in return.

Have you introduced other people to them? Have those people bought from them?

You need to open your eyes up and take a long hard look at the people you call friends. Be honest with yourself.
    Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 09:05 PM
    You wouldn't call them drug dealers because you are 15. Those of us that are adults know for a fact they are drug dealers. Why? Because they are not licensed physicians who write prescriptions.

How could you be held responsible if someone dies? Because you were given the opportunity to get these drug dealers from giving out more drugs to more unsuspecting children. However, you chose to turn blind eye fully knowing this is illegal and potentially fatal. Look, kid, these people aren't your friends. They will have no problem calling your name when the next kid gets caught with drugs. They don't care about you at all.

As a matter of fact, the probably go home, steal their grandparents meds, and laugh about how gullible you are.So, you want to take the fall for them, but you don't care about the 12 year old they try to get addicted.
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2014, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    Are you for real I just brought the well I didn't even buy it half the time they just gave me the stuff so I know I'll get charged with possession but its not like they can charge me with dealing or supplying what ever they call it. Dam how would that even be fair. I could just tell them I didn't get them off anyone. Seriously they are me friends I don't think they would do it to me, and it wouldn't be me fault if another kid dies if they didn't get it from me friends there are heaps of other places to go so how would it be my fault.
    Yes I am real and yes they would do it to you in a heartbeat. And yes it WOULD be your fault. YOu were helping them by covering for them. That makes you legally liable. One person talks and they trace things back... then another talks to get a better deal too and next thing YOU are sitting in jail.

You really are naive about all of this, and people in general if you actually believe any of what you said.

Nov 5, 2014, 09:17 PM
    I hear what you are all saying there not my friends and if I don't tell it's my fault if some other kid gets addicted or dies pressure much. It's so not fair as if I don't have enough to deal with already. Ill just be responsible for messing up their lives. Anyway I go I'm mess things up.
    Expert

Nov 5, 2014, 09:32 PM
    You either don't get it or you don't care. If it were me, and I'm old enough to be your mother, I would be doing whatever to takes to save my arse. But, go ahead, protect these idiots who really don't give a rats arse about you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rat Advice? [ 44 Answers ]

I recently bought the most beautiful rat from a pet store, and have asked about the best way to take care of him. Only problem is the guy at the pet store didn't sound very sure about what he was saying. I researched about them but most websites I tried conflicted what the last site said. I would...

Rat pregnancy?? [ 0 Answers ]

I went to pet goods on 11-3-12 and saw young feeder rats. It broke my heart to think of the little half bald half fuzzy babies being eatten so I bought one. Since I bought her, her belly has started to bulg. I don't know if she's been around males before I bought her and she's been acting really...

Swollen rat [ 2 Answers ]

Over the last 2 weeks our ratt has swelled qpup bigger then a baseball on her stomach area.we know. She is not pregnant and we feed her as usual so she's not overeating she has gotten so big she drags herself over to drank water and eat could u figure this out and what we should do thank u

Pregnant rat?? [ 0 Answers ]

I have 4 rats, 2 boys and 2 girls. I have the boys in 1 cage and the girls in another. 1 of the boys and 1 of the girls have markings that are exactly the same, the only difference is the ears (the boy is dumbo), so you have to look at them in the face to figure out which is which. Well on June...

Second Rat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an eight month pet rat. She is incredibly affectionate and we spend a lot of time together. I have read that it is borderline unethical to keep a solitary rat. I have been considering getting her a rat friend. I am just concerned that it is too late and she wouldn't adjust to the...

View more questions Search