Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thinkaboutit Posts: 270, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2014, 10:01 PM
    I do care, It's just not an easy decision I feel like if I tell the cops who they are just to save me then what kind of a person does that make me! But I understand what it feels like to be in this horrible position of being addicted to drugs and I'd hate for someone else to feel the same way. It's hard to think that they don't care about me they have been the only people who have been there for me but I suppose its like you all been saying I get drugs of them so I suppose they just act like me friends. So I put them in to save me self from getting charged and stop them from being able to sell anymore... Just don't feel right think I should still be punished to then
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2014, 06:01 AM
    If you cared (like you claim) you would not be protecting the people committing the bigger crime. It really IS that simple.

But then...you would rather end up with a felony charge....which COULD be made as an adult. You will have a very hard time ever finding a good job, and be barred from ever having any of a long list of jobs in a number of career fields.....but these drug dealers you think are friends are more important to you than your own life, and your own future.

If you protect even one of them...you deserve to be charged as an adult....and do an adult sentence and everything that goes with it.

Lots of dumb kids get charged as adults for a number of crimes every day. Being under 18 isn't a get out of jail pass....or a ticket to a slap on the wrist.

You might think this is all a joke and you might get grounded for a few days and then its all forgotten. Well it won't. This is the real world...this stuff WILL follow you the rest of your natural life. And its going to cause you problems down the road you can't even begin to grasp yet.

There are things far, far worse than being a rat.

Being stupid is only one of them. Taking the entire blame for someone else is another of many. They will forever label you as a sucker, and they won't be alone doing it or knowing it.

Nov 6, 2014, 06:17 AM
    I do care and I did tell the police everything who knows what's going to happen to them now.I really feel like a total lagger. A disappointment lo my parents and the worst friend ever. But ha positive side at least I can't be blamed for anyone dying or getting addicted to drugs right. I feel so guilty I should have made better choices never mind though. Now just to get this out of my system so my dad will let me out the house.

Talk about a reality check bam I get it I told the police
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2014, 06:20 AM
    If you told the police EVERYTHING, and named names and everything. Then you did do the right thing... And it should reflect positively for you. Whatever happens to the other people is completely their own faults. Not yours. They would have turned you in quickly to save their own skins or get a lesser charge if the roles were reversed.

I've seen that happen many, many times. Also a critical life lesson is not everyone who talks nice to you is your friend. In fact very few people you will meet and interact with in your life would ever be considered real friends. The rest are just acquaintances. There is a very big difference between the two. YOU will learn the differences soon enough... the hard way. And not in just this specific situation. Everyone does, most don't have to sit in a police station or jail cell to learn it however.

There are a LOT of people that pretend to be your friends....as long as they are getting something from you. The instant the table turns and you need something from them that inconveniences them, They will be gone. Until you learn to spot them, you WILL be taken advantage of, over and over.

Learn form your mistakes...don't repeat them...or one day you will find yourself inside a prison looking outside.

Nov 6, 2014, 06:32 AM
    Positively for me yah I don't get charged. I get it I've had it drilled Into to me all day by everyone I'm stupid if I don't lag, they are not my friends they only use me, it's all my fault if something happens to anyone else, think of me future. It's done my dad should be happy now

I don't intend to do anything that will get me in trouble and I couldn't care less if I ever had friends again what good is that
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2014, 06:35 AM
    You won't always get the break you did this time. In a few short years you will be 18... and everything automatically becomes a LOT more serious at that point, as do the consequences of bad decisions.

If there ever is a next time... it won't go as well for you.

Like I say... ALWAYS learn from your mistakes... big or small. It will make you a better person in the long run.

Nov 6, 2014, 06:49 AM
    I don't expect to get anymore breaks. I didn't expect to ask me dad for help with a problem to be given no choice and be taken to the police station to be charged. How's that for me dad. I'm ruining my life way to help me get me charged criminal record clap clap. Believe me I've learnt from my mistakes ALL of them.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 6, 2014, 06:53 AM
    'Anyway I go I'm mess things up.'

Yes. Welcome to the adult world of serious choices. You sound like a good kid, partly because you asked about all this, and partly because you actually are listening to people here! Not something a lot of teens are willing to do.

Loyalty among teens is fierce because teens are in that gap between family loyalty and being their own person. Teens look to each other for just about every decision and viewpoint and even what to wear and what music is good.

In 5 years you will realize that those guys were definitely only out for themselves.

Good luck with your decision. The cops understand how hard it is to rat. No one really likes to rat or even likes someone who rats - unless it's the right decision. This isn't who got into the cookie jar.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2014, 06:57 AM
    As you are learning, there are consequences to your actions. Your Dad is employing tough love. Good for him, as it seems you have already had issues living with your mum.

Maybe if you played by the rules you wouldn't be in this situation.

Guess what. None of us feel sorry for you. You brought this on all yourself. Dad won't let you leave the house? Boo boo. You deserve more than that. You have access to the internet, consider yourself lucky.

Its time to quit whining and face your punishment.

Nov 6, 2014, 07:26 AM
    I deserve more punishment OK glad you think so. Wish someone would write these rules out for me cause I don't get told any so sorry if I don't know what I'm doing. I know I brought this on me self.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2014, 07:34 AM
    Guess what kiddo. Life doesn't come with a set of rules. Your only requirement is to follow the rules of your parents and school. The rest of it is for you to figure out. Do good, get rewarded. Do bad, face the consequences. It really isn't that hard.

Nov 6, 2014, 07:55 AM
    Seriously there are way to many rules to many lessons to learn glad you think it's easy but ha I guess we can't all be perfect. I made one mistake just one stupid decision. Ok maybe one big stupid choice. Ill get over it sure everyone else will eventually

Nov 6, 2014, 08:05 AM
    I'm being bratty sorry don't mean to be my is all over the place at the moment don't know what's up with that anyway if I have been rude don't mean to be. I need some major sleep haven't slept for nearly two days cranky.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2014, 08:29 AM
    99% of rules are common sense and self explanatory.

Picture yourself a parent.....you have a 15 year old kid....how would YOU feel about anyone selling them Meth, crack, Heroin etc? Can you even imagine that situation?

There is also a legal precedent that ignorance of the law is no excuse. Meaning you can and will be arrested charged, tried and convicted for doing anything that you don't "know" is against the law.

Seriously... that's the real world... that's life. Its far harder and colder than you think it is at 15 and being supported by someone else.

When you are an adult... you find a way to earn enough to pay your way through life or you live on the street, eating out of garbage dumpsters. If you don't marry someone else smart enough to do it for you. DO something that's against the law, you find yourself in jail, maybe for a very, very long time.

Life is tough... it's tougher for those who don't have or don't want to use common sense.

Your Dad or mom are going to be the most forgiving persons you are ever going to meet. But they can't protect you from everything... or even most things.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2014, 08:38 AM
    Life isn't easy. I was 15 once and I've raised three 15 year olds so far. Still one to go. BUT following the rules is easy.Understand I'm talking to you exactly like I would talk to one of my children.In life you are given choices. With that comes responsibility. If you make the wrong choices you have yo suffer the vonsequences. No complaining. You are lucky to have access to the internet after the crap you pulled. In my house you would have your bed and your clothes. Nothing else. Not even a door on your bedroom.You may think your father is being harsh, but the truth is that he loves you and wants what is best for you. He is teaching you about consequences so that you don't end up dead or in prison for the rest of your life.You can't sleep for one of two reasons. You are still getting high because you his some of your stash and are still using, or you are starting to withdrawal.

Nov 6, 2014, 01:53 PM
    No door wow that's pretty harsh! Would have preferred that then being taken to the police station don't know how that shows he loves me. If he was trying to scare me he didn't have to I already knew I could be charged if I got caught with anything on me I'm not totally stupid. I went to him for help I just wanted some help to try and fix the stupid stuff I was doing punish me fair enough ground me take my stuff I don't care but take me to the police. No complaint that's kind of hard when my own dad does that. It's not like he caught me doing drugs I made the choice I thought about it heaps what would happen if I got caught and I was sick of being used just to get high. I haven't taken anything for 2 days I'm not totally stupid I do still have some stuff but I'm not going to take any just need to get rid of it a bit hard though me step mum is constantly around.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2014, 02:04 PM
    You know you can't see it now but parents will do anything to make sure their kids are safe and live to be old. That's called unconditional love. You will know that once you father a child - 10 years from now. Sorry - the parent came out in me. Instead of being ticked at your dad, why don't you go to him and say thank you.

Bottomline, do bad things - expect bad consequences. Do good things - expect good consequences. That's the way life is now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    No door wow that's pretty harsh! Would have preferred that then being taken to the police station don't know how that shows he loves me. If he was trying to scare me he didn't have to I already knew I could be charged if I got caught with anything on me I'm not totally stupid. I went to him for help I just wanted some help to try and fix the stupid stuff I was doing punish me fair enough ground me take my stuff I don't care but take me to the police. No complaint that's kind of hard when my own dad does that. It's not like he caught me doing drugs I made the choice I thought about it heaps what would happen if I got caught and I was sick of being used just to get high. I haven't taken anything for 2 days I'm not totally stupid I do still have some stuff but I'm not going to take any just need to get rid of it a bit hard though me step mum is constantly around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rat Advice? [ 44 Answers ]

I recently bought the most beautiful rat from a pet store, and have asked about the best way to take care of him. Only problem is the guy at the pet store didn't sound very sure about what he was saying. I researched about them but most websites I tried conflicted what the last site said. I would...

Rat pregnancy?? [ 0 Answers ]

I went to pet goods on 11-3-12 and saw young feeder rats. It broke my heart to think of the little half bald half fuzzy babies being eatten so I bought one. Since I bought her, her belly has started to bulg. I don't know if she's been around males before I bought her and she's been acting really...

Swollen rat [ 2 Answers ]

Over the last 2 weeks our ratt has swelled qpup bigger then a baseball on her stomach area.we know. She is not pregnant and we feed her as usual so she's not overeating she has gotten so big she drags herself over to drank water and eat could u figure this out and what we should do thank u

Pregnant rat?? [ 0 Answers ]

I have 4 rats, 2 boys and 2 girls. I have the boys in 1 cage and the girls in another. 1 of the boys and 1 of the girls have markings that are exactly the same, the only difference is the ears (the boy is dumbo), so you have to look at them in the face to figure out which is which. Well on June...

Second Rat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an eight month pet rat. She is incredibly affectionate and we spend a lot of time together. I have read that it is borderline unethical to keep a solitary rat. I have been considering getting her a rat friend. I am just concerned that it is too late and she wouldn't adjust to the...

View more questions Search