Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thinkaboutit Posts: 270, Reputation: 5

Nov 4, 2014, 08:26 AM
    How can I make myself stop?
    I'm not really sure why I'm writing this I really don't want to be judged by anyone but I need some advise. I'm totally stuffing up my life doing stuff I know I shouldn't but can't seem to stop, I have tried but its hard I can't sleep, I feel sick so I just keep on doing it to feel better. I want to stop but don't know how. My parents are totally pissed with me don't blame them stuff I done to them but they don't understand I can't talk to them either of them. How can I change the way I am and the stuff I do without feeling so horrible
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 09:31 AM
    What stuff? Please give details.

Nov 4, 2014, 09:37 AM
    That was very vague didn't really give much info so here goes I take pills mostly pain pills sometimes other stuff what ever I can get really I like the feeling I get when I'm on them don't need to worry about anything else. I smoke pot sometimes, I drink and smoke. I want to stop all of it but its hard. I feel so horrible when I'm not on the pills not even the pot makes me feel better. I could easily give up some things but not others I don't know how to. I don't want to tell me parents they are not together and they don't need anymore crap from me. Help what do I do
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 09:42 AM
    You are addicted. This won't go away on its own and you do need help. It's time to talk to your parents so they can get you in rehab before you overdose.

Nov 4, 2014, 09:50 AM
    I don't think I'm addicted I do want to stop. I don't think I'll overdose I don't take heaps of pills at once only 3 or 4. I can't tell my parents seriously they would kill me I'd be better of killing myself then deal with them.

Nov 4, 2014, 10:00 AM
    What's rehab like is it the only way to stop can't I just like do something else. If I just stop taking them do you know how Long it will make me feel sick for it makes me feel horrible.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 10:34 AM
    How old are you? Do you live with either parent or both of them? in the U.S.?

Nov 4, 2014, 10:46 AM
    I'm 15 I stay with me dad, nar I live in australia. Me mum sent me to live with me dad thought I'd be better off. Don't think she'll ever let me come back. Not that I'd want to anyway.
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 11:09 AM
    Where are you getting these pills from?

Nov 4, 2014, 11:09 AM
    If I don't stop taking the pills mainly the oxy and tramadol will it do any long term damage to me? I could stop the rest straight out. Maybe cut down them stop
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 11:10 AM
    Of course they will cause long term damage. So who is giving you these pills?

Nov 4, 2014, 11:15 AM
    I just buy them from kids at school you can always find something. What kind of damage I know that's a stupid question but I kind of thought if they were prescription they could be that bad.
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 11:20 AM
    If you are abusing oxy and tram afoul you risk death. Yes, I said death.

You also risk some serious jail time by buying them from kids at school. That is illegal.

Nov 4, 2014, 11:25 AM
    Wow that's scary but its not like it's that easy to stop I've tried to just not take anything and I feel horrible. I don't know what to do, maybe ill just cut down first I don't know
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 11:30 AM
    Stopping oxy and tram adom will make you very sick for a short time. Rehab is best because it is controlled and you get treatment to learn how to avoid triggers that will make you want to start again.

You can die just by taking one oxy. They are very addictive. At 15 I'm not sure you can do this on your own.

Nov 4, 2014, 11:37 AM
    I didn't think it could be that bad I mean doctors give this stuff to people not like I take heaps of them thought they would be better than the ecstasy or acid I use to use don't know what's it them

I don't understand what are triggers. If its only a short while how long is that
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 11:43 AM
    Triggers -- what happens to make you want to take something to stop pain or make you feel better?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Nov 4, 2014, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    I didn't think it could be that bad I mean doctors give this stuff to people not like I take heaps of them thought they would be better than the ecstasy or acid I use to use don't know what's it them

I don't understand what are triggers. If its only a short while how long is that
    Junior, let me say this J9 is telling you the truth if you don't get that" Monkey" off your back the people in Aus. will be reading about you in the local paper. You know nothing about what you are doing to yourself and bigger and smarter people than you have tried. You can read about them all the time. So talk to your dad and get into rehab. Believe me talking to your dad will be like a walk in the park compared to what will happen if you don't. Maybe one day you will look back and say I did the right thing. Good Luck Bloke.
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post

Yes, doctors prescribe these meds to people. People who are in intense pain and need this. They don't just give them out because people want them.

So, you are getting them from kids at school. Ever wonder where these kids get them? Most likely they are stealing them from parents or grandparents. They are stealing them from people who need them.

Where I live very few doctors prescribe oxy any more because it is so extremely addictive.

Now, ow, you can continue to essentially steal these pain meds from people who need them, or get yourself into rehab before your father has to write your obituary.

Nov 4, 2014, 01:16 PM
    Talking to my dad might seem like the best way to go but trust me its not he wouldn't even be able to afford to get me help so no point even talking to him he hates me anyway thinks I'm too much like me mum ha if only he knew. I really don't want either of them to know want to be able to stop on me own do it myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do to make her stop that? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is now 12.She eats her nails all the time.I tried all my to make her stop.Every time she promises me to stop eating them but she keeps doing this bad habit .What do you advise me to do to make her stop eating her nails?

My shower heads make a high pitch noise how can I make it stop? [ 1 Answers ]

After the water runs for a minute, the shower heads start to make a high pitch noise.

How do I make myself stop [ 1 Answers ]

Threads merged I am having a really hard time letting go , I keep constantly txting her , constantly trying to find out if she is really dating who I suspect she is dating , I keep writing her letters I keep trying to get my best friend back . We have been broken up for 9 months after 3 years...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

How do I make it stop? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have this personal preoblem with discharge No matter what I do I get heaps of discharge coming out of me so I have to wear these mini pads so it doesn't get my undies dirty. And don't say it's something that will pass on because I've had this problem for 3 years! PLEASE! HOW DO I...

View more questions Search