Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 07:52 PM
    So you think running away will make it easier?

Yes, that's how 15 year olds think. They don't think about the consequences to their actions.

How will your dad feel when you run away. What will happen to you when he finds you AND finds out you are on drugs?
    Thinkaboutit Posts: 270, Reputation: 5

Nov 4, 2014, 08:05 PM
    Yeah it will be easier than facing him trust me all I'm thinking about is the consequences. He won't find me or find out about the drugs my friends will let me stay at their place. If he finds me I don't want to think about what would happen. I should just take all my pills and just go to sleep but I'm to scared to do that but he scares me as well
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 08:09 PM
    He will find you. I promise you that. If your friend's parents let you stay there, they will be breaking the law and he will have them arrested.

So, you want to get other people in trouble too?

Nov 4, 2014, 08:21 PM
    I don't him to find me what makes you think he would.I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Ill just forget about it you really don't know my dad hrs a harsh person
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 08:39 PM
    How do I know he will find you? I'm a parent. I know how parents think.

Considering what you are going through maybe he needs to be harsh on you. It seems you get away with a lot right now. My children would never be on drugs. I would notice it immediately.

Nov 4, 2014, 08:56 PM
    Maybe I do deserve what he's going to do. I don't see how I am getting away with heaps so I take a few pills its not like I'm hurting any one don't know how he would even notice not like I act any different. It's not like I want to do it anymore but I'm confused.
    Expert

Nov 4, 2014, 09:09 PM
    It's not like you are hurting anyone? You are hurting yourself. How many people will be hurt when you die because of this?

I know you don't want to do it anymore, but you won't take anyone's advice. I don't know what to say anymore.

This has gone on for 5 pages. You either get help or you stay addicted. It is your choice. I've tried to help, but you have excuses for everything. I wish you well. I'm done trying to help.

Nov 4, 2014, 09:16 PM
    Your right guess I just need to grow some and face me dad every other thing I think of just doesn't seem like it will work out. I got myself here I suppose I'll just have to face it now I don't want to die I want to live me life and I'm sick of getting used just so I can get high. What's the worst that can happen nothing worse than he's done before and I took that so your right I need help. Thanks for talking with me. Guess I should just get this over with
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Nov 4, 2014, 09:23 PM
    If you are taking a substance to escape, feel better, get rid of the pain and are scared to stop - that is addiction. A person who is addicted generally can convince them self that they can stop on their own, or cut down or change the scenery and that will change the addiction.

Changing how you think, act, react and deal with life, both daily and long term is something that others who have been through the same struggles can be immensely helpful with.

Rehab isn't just about getting clean, it is about learning how you are not alone. Others have been through the same, worse and not as bad - yet, but you will have some very similar stories. You are young and have a chance to not ruin your life over what has started.

It sounds like you feel very alone and like no one understands. There are people who understand and can help you get through, especially emotionally and mentally. After the physical effects wear off, you will need a support system. If that is not your parents, then rehab and 12 programs can offer that.

Usually, running away will only add to the problems and increase the chances of continuing to use. I hope you seek and find the help and support it sounds like you desperately need.

Nov 4, 2014, 10:14 PM
    Well I did it I told him well I txt him a very long message thought it might be easier. Don't know how he feels he rang like 9 times but I was to scared to pick up phone he messages me told me to stay in the house he is on his way home now. He's so totally going to go off I know don't blame him I suppose I better hide my stuff so I can get rid of it later if he found it in the house my god then I would be dead. I guess that's one part over I told him now I get to face him he should be here in 10 minutes
    lbb78 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2014, 12:27 AM
    Oxys are opiates... heroine. Is an opiate.. . you should listen to the advice you're getting your parents actually want the best for you and love you very much.. . sounds like they're just caught up in their own crap... but if you ask for help it'd be better because they will find out hopefully before you kill yourself.. . find it in your heart to lover yourself enough to reach out

Nov 5, 2014, 03:41 AM
    I knew he was going to lose it can't believe he slapped me god I hate him supposed I deserved it though he's totally destroyed my room looking for drugs think I made it worse hiding me pills he found them and went totally ballistic reckons he's going to call the police because I won't tell him who I got them from I ain't no lagger. He can call the cops if he really wants to get his own daughter charged a hole. Don't know what's going on now kind of just tuned him out my ear was still ringing from him and all that yelling made it worse. I feel like crap though cant sleep and I hate being stuck in me room feel like jumping out me window and going for a walk but I'm to scared if he caught me. Don't know what to do now what if he does call the cops would I be charged?
    lbb78 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2014, 06:56 PM
    You should be proud that you owned up to your wrong doings but why did you hide the pills instead of flushing them... do you realize you have to stay away from anything associated with your addiction even friends or so called friends. Sorry when your dad doesn't know how to deal with things it's a physical punishment but hopefully if you really do get help and stick with sobriety... your relationship will improve.. . it's not all your parents fault... I'll pray for you
    Expert

Nov 6, 2014, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    I knew he was going to lose it can't believe he slapped me god I hate him supposed I deserved it though he's totally destroyed my room looking for drugs think I made it worse hiding me pills he found them and went totally ballistic reckons he's going to call the police because I won't tell him who I got them from I ain't no lagger. He can call the cops if he really wants to get his own daughter charged a hole. Don't know what's going on now kind of just tuned him out my ear was still ringing from him and all that yelling made it worse. I feel like crap though cant sleep and I hate being stuck in me room feel like jumping out me window and going for a walk but I'm to scared if he caught me. Don't know what to do now what if he does call the cops would I be charged?

I'm calling you out as a liar and a troll. Why? Because you told us he already called the police.

Its not easy remembering the order of your lies, is it?

I'm done here. I've wasted too much time on you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 6, 2014, 09:12 AM
    Your dad may be crude, and ill informed, and given you hell so far, and it's a real rocky start to things getting better (I hope) but getting proper help, guidance and support to get off the dope, AND STAYING OFF, is well worth it.

I commend your courage (or desperation, doesn't matter) for reaching out, as doing the right thing is seldom, almost NEVER easy. Hang in there kid, and get with the program of LIFE, because it may get worse before it gets better.

You can get through this, and believe me when I say, MANY have, and if you hang in there and get with the program, you will look back and say this was the best day of your life because you actually confronted your addiction, and did something positive for yourself.

All you have to do is listen, and do as you are told. I know that's NOT easy either.

Nov 6, 2014, 02:07 PM
    I didn't say me dad already rang the police I said he was going to call them if I didn't tell him if I didn't tell him who I got my pills from. He got angry with me for not telling him and just took me to the police station. I then had to make a choice of what I wanted to do if I was going to tell them who I hot the stuff from or if I was going to be charged with possession. If you think I'm lying that's fine I didn't ask anyone to believe me anyway just wanted some advice so thanks even if I don't seem like I didn't appreciate it I have
    Expert

Nov 6, 2014, 04:18 PM
    On this thread https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...-804109-3.html

Page three, post 23, you said

I do care and I did tell the police everything who knows what's going to happen to them now.I really feel like a total lagger. A disappointment lo my parents and the worst friend ever. But ha positive side at least I can't be blamed for anyone dying or getting addicted to drugs right. I feel so guilty I should have made better choices never mind though. Now just to get this out of my system so my dad will let me out the house.

Talk about a reality check bam I get it I told the police
    So, your dad did or did not take you to the police? Which is it?

Nov 6, 2014, 04:43 PM
    When I told me dad about the drugs he asked me who gave them to me I refused to tell him he threatened to call the police I still wouldn't tell him so he took me to the police station with the pills he found the police lady spoke to me and told me if I didn't tell them who was my supplier that I would be charged possession. I was aloud home after and told I had 2 day to either tell them or I would be charged I made the choice to tell the police everything so my dad took me back and I made a statement so I didn't get charged but still have to do some drug awareness classes. If you think I'm lying fine I get it it's the Internet. I only came on here to ask for some advice seeing as I don't have anybody else to ask
    Expert

Nov 6, 2014, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkaboutit View Post
    I didn't say me dad already rang the police I said he was going to call them if I didn't tell him if I didn't tell him who I got my pills from.
    Which is it?

I did tell the police everything

Talk about a reality check bam I get it I told the police

Nov 6, 2014, 05:31 PM
    Seriously I said me dad reckoned he was going to call the police if I didn't tell him who I got the pills from that's what I wrote, I wouldn't tell my dad where I got the pills from because I thought he was bluffing. I suppose he got pissed at me for not telling him so he took me into the police station. After I went to the police station I asked my next question about what I should do and then after all the advice I got I decided to tell the police everything so me dad took me back to the police station. God I'm not friggin lying but whatever

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do to make her stop that? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is now 12.She eats her nails all the time.I tried all my to make her stop.Every time she promises me to stop eating them but she keeps doing this bad habit .What do you advise me to do to make her stop eating her nails?

My shower heads make a high pitch noise how can I make it stop? [ 1 Answers ]

After the water runs for a minute, the shower heads start to make a high pitch noise.

How do I make myself stop [ 1 Answers ]

Threads merged I am having a really hard time letting go , I keep constantly txting her , constantly trying to find out if she is really dating who I suspect she is dating , I keep writing her letters I keep trying to get my best friend back . We have been broken up for 9 months after 3 years...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

How do I make it stop? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have this personal preoblem with discharge No matter what I do I get heaps of discharge coming out of me so I have to wear these mini pads so it doesn't get my undies dirty. And don't say it's something that will pass on because I've had this problem for 3 years! PLEASE! HOW DO I...

View more questions Search